I would rather eat a toenail taco than watch the inauguration.
That is all.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 4 users Like SacraCor714's post:
  • austenbosten, Chadster, Fortunabeargirl, Zedta
Ew.  I don't plan to watch the inauguration, but I think I'd choose a third avenue and do neither of these two options. *{];-)
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steven's post:
  • ActusFidei313
If I had to make that choice, I’d go with the inauguration. I don’t have to though, thankfully, so I won’t be watching. I just hope Trump supporters have enough self-respect to not scream at the sky or otherwise act in ways no adult should act in public like that crazy lady did at Trump’s inauguration.
I watched it in it's entirety.  Quite peaceful.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RidgeSprinter's post:
  • Steven
Whilst looking for news updates before work this morning, I stumbled upon the invocation by Fr. O'Donovan.  As a speech, rather than a prayer, it sounded like a crowd pleaser.  As a prayer, I'm not sure which deity the good father was invoking.  Maybe he should ask his confessor about the whole idea in the first place...or maybe that would be an exercise in futility.
(01-20-2021, 05:17 PM)Ambrosiano Wrote: I'm not sure which deity the good father was invoking.

Does it matter anymore? Loosen up, man! We're all brothers! Human fraternity! Walking together, or something.
There's no such thing as a Catholic Democrat
[-] The following 2 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Ambrosiano, SacraCor714
(01-20-2021, 01:48 PM)RidgeSprinter Wrote: I watched it in it's entirety.  Quite peaceful.

I wouldn’t call the unlawful enthronement of a satanic communist who worships the slaughter of innocent unborn children peaceful, but you do you.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 2 users Like SacraCor714's post:
  • austenbosten, Zedta
(01-20-2021, 01:48 PM)RidgeSprinter Wrote: I watched it in it's entirety.  Quite peaceful.

That might have something to do with the thousands of soldiers and security barriers.  They had what amounts to about two divisions in DC for this inauguration.  Of course it was going to be peaceful.  They had a veritable army there to enforce the peace.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Augustinian, Zedta
(01-20-2021, 11:46 AM)SacraCor714 Wrote: That is all.

I really hope you never have to make such a decision. I can’t imagine that magical taco tasting very good. Anyway, you’re certainly not the only one feeling sorrow over the dark cloud that seems to have covered the Earth. It’s been a turbulent 2+ months, and things haven’t ended up the way we wanted. It’s also been frustrating for many as people simply haven’t known where to turn to get the truth. Now that the Biden-Harris team is in power, it’s hard not to feel like things should be different.

As Catholics, we’re now called to do something truly challenging, and repugnant to the flesh, viz. pray for the conversion and salvation of Biden, Harris, and everyone in need of mercy. This is hard to do, but this is what True Christianity is all about. We need to pray for those that hate us, and those on the path to doom. This battle isn’t about flesh and blood. We’re called to fight all our battles with nothing more than Truth and Love.

The salvation of souls meant that Christ would go through His Sorrowful Passion. We need to think as Christ would have us to think, viz. not with hatred and bitterness, but rather humility, contrition, and prayers for God’s mercy. Christ didn’t come to Earth to win some worldly political battle. He suffered and died to merit the salvation of mankind. Let’s remember that whenever we’re tempted to anger.
[-] The following 5 users Like FultonFan's post:
  • Ambrosiano, Evangelium, SeekerofChrist, Suggestions, Zedta
Y'all really need to accept that Trump lost the election and get on with life without being so apocalyptic. Here are the facts:

1. Trump never cared about you or other Christians, he's a serial adulterer who played on your religious beliefs for votes.
2. Trump lost the election. Every claim of 'fraud' is easily debunked. Trump spent MONTHS discouraging his supporters from using mail in ballots and then cried wolf when, surprise surprise, most of the mail in ballots were for Biden.
3. Trump appealed to violent segments of American society (stand by, proud boys!) throughout his time as president. He spent months calling the opposition evil, promised a 'wild protest' on the 6th, encouraged his supporters to 'fight with strength' and 'never concede', his lawyer encouraged 'trial by combat', then he acts all innocent when his followers are so frenzied they storm the capitol. Language is powerful, words have consequences, and Trump and his mob of supporters is the real threat to democracy here.

Either the media, election officials (including conservative ones!), and several Republican appointed judges are in on a plan to steal the election, or Biden got more votes than Trump. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. It takes a lot of cognitive dissonance to make up an entire conspiracy theory to avoid facing the reality that Trump lost the election. I am sorry you feel so hard done by, but the reality is you're not about to be thrown in jail for being conservative, Biden is not a communist, your election wasn't stolen, and all you really need to do is drop the persecution complex and get on with living your life.
[-] The following 2 users Like Marix's post:
  • Evangelium, Zedta