"Vatican intervened to spike US bishops’ Biden statement release"
"Vatican intervened to spike US bishops’ Biden statement release"

https://www.pillarcatholic.com/p/breakin...s-to-spike
Good on those bishops who were trying to do the right thing. Doesn't speak well of many others to include the Pope.

It seems to me that Biden's support of abortion constitutes formal cooperation in abortions in general, especially in his new position. Wouldn't that incur excommunication latae sententiae?

I recall a case in Phoenix years ago where a nun administrator of a hospital approved an abortion for a very sick woman so she might survive. Bishop Olmsted declared that she was automatically excommunicated for doing so.

It seems that Biden's cooperation is much greater that the now repentant nun's.
The statement by the bishops has now been released, following a communique from Pope Francis to Joe Biden: https://www.usccb.org/news/2021/usccb-pr...ted-states

I'm glad the USCCB has released this statement but they're delusional if they think Biden will work with them to reduce abortions, protect religious liberty and conscience rights, or prevent reprisals by Democrats on Republicans and other Trump supporters.  They might as well as get ready for at least four years of marginalization and the rapid spread of even more evil in our society.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 4 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Catherine, HailGilbert, Mourning Dove, PilgrimMichelangelo
(01-20-2021, 04:09 PM)jack89 Wrote: It seems that Biden's cooperation is much greater that the now repentant nun's.

I remember that incident.  I didn't know the nun has repented of her sin.  I'd have assumed she'd left the Church to become a secular social worker or something.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
(01-20-2021, 05:49 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 04:09 PM)jack89 Wrote: It seems that Biden's cooperation is much greater that the now repentant nun's.

I remember that incident.  I didn't know the nun has repented of her sin.  I'd have assumed she'd left the Church to become a secular social worker or something.

She reconciled with the Church in 2011 and as far as I know still with the Sisters of Mercy.  Her penance included quitting her position at the hospital.  https://www.ncronline.org/news/people/ex...ds-healing
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • SeekerofChrist
The USCCB has no choice but to be gracious to Biden. His cabinet is full of Jews who would love nothing more than to throw all of them in jail.

Honestly at this point from Trump being the Kushner prez and Biden's cabinet, this nation is literally a puppet of Israel.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
(01-20-2021, 04:09 PM)jack89 Wrote: It seems to me that Biden's support of abortion constitutes formal cooperation in abortions in general, especially in his new position.  Wouldn't that incur excommunication latae sententiae?

Yes, it does.  But nobody with authority over him has had the stones to tell him.
There's no such thing as a Catholic Democrat
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • PilgrimMichelangelo
(01-20-2021, 06:10 PM)jack89 Wrote: She reconciled with the Church in 2011 and as far as I know still with the Sisters of Mercy.  Her penance included quitting her position at the hospital.  https://www.ncronline.org/news/people/ex...ds-healing

I'm not trying to judge her, but she reconciles with the Church and then this

Quote:McBride received the Call To Action 2011 Leadership Award at the Call To Action national conference Nov. 6 because she represents the "true meaning of a 'pastor' " according to Call To Action, a Catholic church reform group.

For those who don't know, Call to Action is a radically anti-Catholic 'Catholic' group that 'dissents' from virtually all Catholic teaching on sexual morality and anything they've decided is not 'up-to-date'. They're in the vanguard of the modernists striving to destroy the Church.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(01-20-2021, 11:26 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 06:10 PM)jack89 Wrote: She reconciled with the Church in 2011 and as far as I know still with the Sisters of Mercy.  Her penance included quitting her position at the hospital.  https://www.ncronline.org/news/people/ex...ds-healing

I'm not trying to judge her, but she reconciles with the Church and then this

Quote:McBride received the Call To Action 2011 Leadership Award at the Call To Action national conference Nov. 6 because she represents the "true meaning of a 'pastor' " according to Call To Action, a Catholic church reform group.

For those who don't know, Call to Action is a radically anti-Catholic 'Catholic' group that 'dissents' from virtually all Catholic teaching on sexual morality and anything they've decided is not 'up-to-date'. They're in the vanguard of the modernists striving to destroy the Church.

None of that is surprising.  The article reporting her reconciliation was on the National "Catholic" Reporter website, so no real surprise.
- Pope St. Pius X

This excerpt from a piece in Catholic World Report today: 
(San Francisco's Archbishop Salvatore) ...Cordileone, in his statement on Thursday, said he would “not presume” why individuals voted for Trump. “There are many issues of very grave moral consequence that Catholics must weigh in good conscience when they vote,” he said.
Cordileone also supported Archbishop Jose Gomez—the president of the U.S. bishops’ conference—who issued a statement of prayer and congratulations to new President Joe Biden, and who noted areas of agreement and disagreement between Biden and bishops.
Gomez, in his statement upon Biden’s inauguration, reiterated that ending abortion is the “preeminent priority” of the conference due to its threat to families and the sheer number of abortion victims.
The language on abortion received opposition from within the conference, including by Cardinal Blasé Cupich of Chicago who issued a scathing statement of criticism of Gomez’s words, CNA reported....
The deeds you do may be the only sermon some people may hear today (Francis of Assisi); Win an argument, lose a soul (Fulton Sheen)