Anyone from Lynchburg, Roanoke or Charlottesville?
Any trad Catholics in Roanoke, Lynchburg or Charlottesville area of Virginia?
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
im about and hour and half SE of Lynchburg...
(01-30-2021, 02:37 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote: Any trad Catholics in Roanoke, Lynchburg or Charlottesville area of Virginia?
In Charlottesville. Just found this site. This year, returned to the church after many years. Blessed to have Holy Comforter  and  Fr. Joseph Mary Lukyamuzi, and Latin Rite. Pilgrimage to St. Andrew Roanoke about once a month.
(02-01-2021, 11:06 PM)Ritewing Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 02:37 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote: Any trad Catholics in Roanoke, Lynchburg or Charlottesville area of Virginia?
In Charlottesville. Just found this site. This year, returned to the church after many years. Blessed to have Holy Comforter  and  Fr. Joseph Mary Lukyamuzi, and Latin Rite. Pilgrimage to St. Andrew Roanoke about once a month.

No kidding. I used to go to Holy Comforter for the Latin Mass. They have really renovated the Parish in the last few years! Looks a lot better!

Does St. Andrew's have a Latin Mass? If so I haven't heard? The parish is beautiful.
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
(01-31-2021, 07:09 PM)capmchuck Wrote: im about and hour and half SE of Lynchburg...

Nice, my wife and I go to the chapels which the Society operates in Virginia. Their seminary is about 45 minutes east of Lynchburg and 35 minutes south of Charlottesville.

(02-02-2021, 01:39 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 07:09 PM)capmchuck Wrote: im about and hour and half SE of Lynchburg...

Nice, my wife and I go to the chapels which the Society operates in Virginia. Their seminary is about 45 minutes east of Lynchburg and 35 minutes south of Charlottesville.

right on.  are you referring to the SSPX seminary in Dillwyn?
(03-30-2021, 02:23 PM)capmchuck Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 01:39 PM)Justin Tertius Wrote:

right on.  are you referring to the SSPX seminary in Dillwyn?

Yes! We've been going there for some years now and it has been amazing to see it's progress.

It's also wonderful to be so close to the ordination of new priests and see the whole process. You really get a lot of respect for the priesthood.

Oh ok awesome. I haven't been there yet but I've seen pictures. I was just in Dillwyn a couple weeks ago, coming back from a trout fishing trip in WV. Feel free to PM anytime..
I get to Lynchburg often as my sister lives there - is the closest TLM at the Seminary?  Would love to connect with other Trads when in town.