What do you regard as being appropriate dress for women?
You can break this down by age, meaning older, 40 and over women, and those under 40. What do you regard as normal? What do you think is appropriate? What types of clothing are not acceptable?

Thanks in advance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AlanK82's post:
  • Basil3HCm
oh no... let me go hide in my bunker.,.

look, as long as it doesn't turn on half the guys who look at you it's fine with me.

Also if women wear pants they better not say a word about me wearing my kilt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gondothlim 2's post:
  • Basil3HCm
Kilt? More than I needed to know :)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AlanK82's post:
  • Basil3HCm
Oh boy... I'll just preface this by saying that (1) it's a regurgitation of guidelines put forth by Pius XII and (2) styles may change, but modesty does not.

1. Should not be form-fitting.
2. Neckline should not extend more than two fingers below the collar.
3. No exposed shoulders.
4. No exposed midriffs.
5. No skirts above the knee.
6. Nothing transparent.
[-] The following 2 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Anon777, Mr. Cowboy
Pius XII works for me.
(02-01-2021, 04:49 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: Also if women wear pants they better not say a word about me wearing my kilt.

Western women tend to love kilts on men.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Catherine, LucyJoan
(02-02-2021, 05:32 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 04:49 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote: Also if women wear pants they better not say a word about me wearing my kilt.

Western women tend to love kilts on men.

With some exceptions unfortunately.  :(

Also OP, I apologize for not really answering your question.
Modest and feminine. I think a nice skirt or dress worn below the knee, no cleavage, and covering the shoulders fits the bill nicely. Although pants may be appropriate for certain chores/activities. The Pius XII standard seems like good advice. Modest and dignified behavior is also a must, for woman and men.

I don't know about age specific fashion, but it is cringy when you see a middle age woman trying to dress like a teenager. Although I'm not sure if there is a before and after 40 difference. Maybe before and after marriage? Just thinking out loud on that one.

As far as kilts go, I think it's just an excuse to cross-dress, unless you're Scottish. Even then... :)
(02-02-2021, 09:48 AM)jack89 Wrote: Modest and dignified behavior is also a must, for woman and men.

Dress standards cut both ways. For a man, it's less about covering up and more about dressing appropriately to support his ability to get a job and provide. This means no shorts or casual wear (except when exercising or otherwise necessary for the task at hand), no unkempt/long/extreme hair, no tattoos or excessive jewelry, no ungroomed/untrimmed facial hair, etc.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Pandora
I'm a seventy year old woman and they don't really make stylish clothing for me. As it is, I am not interested in paying lots and lots of money for an ephemeral style. I tend to live in jeans during the winter. I have some that I wear for work and other - nicer ones that I wear to Mass. In the summer, I wear cropped jeans and bermuda shorts. When I live, it gets hot and humid. In the summer, I wear a skirt and short sleeved top to church.
I work on a college campus and all the women students, and I mean ALL of them wear leggings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KyPerson's post:
  • LucyJoan