What do you regard as being appropriate dress for women?
(02-02-2021, 09:48 AM)jack89 Wrote: Modest and feminine.  I think a nice skirt or dress worn below the knee, no cleavage, and covering the shoulders fits the bill nicely.  Although pants may be appropriate for certain chores/activities.  The Pius XII standard seems like good advice. Modest and dignified behavior is also a must, for woman and men.

I don't know about age specific fashion, but it is cringy when you see a middle age woman trying to dress like a teenager.  Although I'm not sure if there is a before and after 40 difference.  Maybe before and after marriage?  Just thinking out loud on that one.

As far as kilts go, I think it's just an excuse to cross-dress, unless you're Scottish.  Even then... :)

AND THE IRISH DON'T FORGET THE IRISH!!!

Look, kilts are infinitely more comfortable than pants, and they have the potential to add a splash of color to men's formal wear, which is just so drab :(  Also, they're versatile.  You can wear the same kilt with a tshirt to a barbecue or to see the queen.  Seriously.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gondothlim 2's post:
  • PilgrimMichelangelo
Thank you for the replies so far, with the possible exception of kilts.

I dated a poised, dignified young lady who preferred skirts and dresses. Shoulders covered. She walked like she had a book on her head. And her behavior was appropriate and feminine. As far as women 70 or older, I had a friend who was also very feminine and who dressed well. There are situations where pants are appropriate. And yes, there were/are standards for men. These should include no tattoos, piercings or strange hair. There is appropriate dress for Church and special occasions, but beyond that, men also have a variety of colors and styles to choose from. Al Kresta, on Catholic radio, made the comment that standards of dress had declined. That dressing in an appropriate way had declined. I agree.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AlanK82's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
(02-02-2021, 01:55 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Thank you for the replies so far, with the possible exception of kilts.

What's wrong with kilts?  :(
(02-02-2021, 04:45 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 01:55 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Thank you for the replies so far, with the possible exception of kilts.

There's nae wrong with kilts
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • PilgrimMichelangelo
(02-02-2021, 04:46 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-02-2021, 04:45 PM)Gondothlim 2 Wrote:

There's nae wrong with kilts

THAT'S THE SPIRIT LADDIE!

Throw off the trews!
[-] The following 4 users Like Gondothlim 2's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, jovan66102, LucyJoan, PilgrimMichelangelo
There are those of us who aren't Scottish or Irish and *gasp* never wore a kilt in our lives Lads.
(02-02-2021, 05:05 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: There are those of us who aren't Scottish or Irish and *gasp* never wore a kilt in our lives Lads.

Well that can always be changed.  You don't have to be Irish or Scottish to wear one...  It's just a type of clothing. (Namely a skirt men can wear without being effeminate or cross dressing)
I heard a Scotsman talk about the right way to wear a kilt. I would never wear one, especially the right way.

Nothing personal to my Irish and Scottish neighbors.
Tongue 
(02-02-2021, 05:27 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: I heard a Scotsman talk about the right way to wear a kilt. I would never wear one, especially the right way.

I know this is a lie because Scotsmen are unintelligible.
(02-02-2021, 05:27 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: I heard a Scotsman talk about the right way to wear a kilt. I would never wear one, especially the right way.

That's fair enough. If you're worried about it you could wear shorts under it.