Distance Running and Low T
I've been boxing and am looking to step up my game. I was thinking about cardio, but I've heard long distance running depletes testosterone. There seems to be mixed info about this. Anyone have any experience?
(02-09-2021, 02:38 PM)clayman03 Wrote: I've been boxing and am looking to step up my game. I was thinking about cardio, but I've heard long distance running depletes testosterone. There seems to be mixed info about this. Anyone have any experience?

I used to do a fair bit of distancing running. I was never very talented at it, but I made up for it by putting in fairly high mileage. When I was training hard, I’d be putting in somewhere around 60-70 miles per week. I eventually even travelled with the university team! That was a big accomplishment for me, as I was never a good athlete.

Anyway, to your question: I think testosterone can drop a bit. However, I’d imagine supplementation with a good ZMA supplement would help that. There’s a good blend that I take from GNC that’s good for helping making your deep sleep “deeper” and more reparative — I think it’s called ZMA ultra, or something similar. 

Anyway, long story short: I think any good zinc and magnesium supplement would help.