Fast Food Fish Friday Choices
So, if you're out and about and need to visit a fast food restaurant on Friday, which one do you pick?

I typically go to either Subway for a 6 inch tuna sub, or to McDonald's for their Filet-O-Fish sandwich.  Culver's has a pretty good fish sandwich as well.

What's your go to fast food place(s) on Fridays?
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
  • Augustinian, tucherb
We never eat out, so it's frozen salmon from Costco ($6/lb) and a few minutes in a skillet with some combination of the following:

- Butter
- Lemon
- Capers
- Old Bay
🤡 There's no such thing as a Catholic Democrat  🤡
(02-12-2021, 10:57 AM)jack89 Wrote: So, if you're out and about and need to visit a fast food restaurant on Friday, which one do you pick?

I typically go to either Subway for a 6 inch tuna sub, or to McDonald's for their Filet-O-Fish sandwich.  Culver's has a pretty good fish sandwich as well.

Interestingly .. a Catholic McDonald's franchise owner introduced the Filet-O-Fish for Catholics.

https://www.ncregister.com/features/how-...ald-s-menu
The mighty oak is nothing but a nut that stood its ground.
[-] The following 5 users Like tucherb's post:
  • Augustinian, jack89, Little Fish, The Tax Collector, VoxClamantis
Kwik Trip mac n cheese or fish sandwich, typically.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Augustinian's post:
  • jack89
(02-12-2021, 11:01 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: We never eat out, so it's frozen salmon from Costco ($6/lb) and a few minutes in a skillet with some combination of the following:

- Butter
- Lemon
- Capers
- Old Bay

Fellow Marylander?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • Fortunabeargirl
(02-12-2021, 10:57 AM)jack89 Wrote: So, if you're out and about and need to visit a fast food restaurant on Friday, which one do you pick?

Pub style fish n chips, usually a battered cod or haddock.  We don’t eat out often either, but if were already out and about, we had a local pub that fit the bill.

Edit: From the fast food perspective, the only fast food fish and Chips I have had has been Long John Silvers. It’s been 20 years since I ate there, I would never go back.
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
(02-12-2021, 02:31 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 11:01 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: We never eat out, so it's frozen salmon from Costco ($6/lb) and a few minutes in a skillet with some combination of the following:

- Butter
- Lemon
- Capers
- Old Bay

Fellow Marylander?

Nah, midwest.  If I lived on a coast, I'd probably try to find it fresh rather than buying frozen at a warehouse store.  :)
🤡 There's no such thing as a Catholic Democrat  🤡
(02-12-2021, 03:23 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 02:31 PM)Melkite Wrote:

- Butter
- Lemon
- Capers
- Old Bay

Fellow Marylander?

Nah, midwest.  If I lived on a coast, I'd probably try to find it fresh rather than buying frozen at a warehouse store.  :)

I just asked because people seem to have no idea what Old Bay is if they aren't from somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Melkite's post:
  • Fortunabeargirl
The city I lived in a few years back had a little mom and pop shop owned by Maronites that made an awesome homemade falafel wrap, and that was my go to. Since we've moved, I haven't found a good fast food substitute. Usually prefer veg Mediterranean fare over fast fried fish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Little Fish's post:
  • Ambrosiano
(02-12-2021, 03:32 PM)Little Fish Wrote: The city I lived in a few years back had a little mom and pop shop owned by Maronites that made an awesome homemade falafel wrap, and that was my go to. Since we've moved, I haven't found a good fast food substitute. Usually prefer veg Mediterranean fare over fast fried fish.

That does sound good, but I feel an odd Catholic cultural obligation to eat fish on Fridays.