Fast Food Fish Friday Choices
I’ll have to find a link to the story, but it was just revealed that subway tuna is not actually tuna, but rather a combination of all kinds of disgusting things. Again, I’ll post the link when I find it, but a quick Google search may reveal the scandalous story.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
(02-12-2021, 04:21 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I’ll have to find a link to the story, but it was just revealed that subway tuna is not actually tuna, but rather a combination of all kinds of disgusting things. Again, I’ll post the link when I find it, but a quick Google search may reveal the scandalous story.

I saw that.  It looks and tastes like tuna to me.  If it's fake, they did a good job of it.
[-] The following 3 users Like jack89's post:
  • Bonaventure, jovan66102, The Tax Collector
For a fast food fish choice for Friday, and there's nothing I like better than seafood, I might have to go with Burger King's, which used to be called A Whaler.
We often have Popeye's or Church's fish filets. We used to do Long John Silver's, but the one closest to us closed and hasn't reopened. 

Lately we don't eat out as much though. I have to be careful with my diet when I'm pregnant, so these days it's usually lemon rosemary catfish or blackened shrimp + rice for fish options made at home.
[-] The following 2 users Like Catherine's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, jack89
(02-12-2021, 04:33 PM)jack89 Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 04:21 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I’ll have to find a link to the story, but it was just revealed that subway tuna is not actually tuna, but rather a combination of all kinds of disgusting things. Again, I’ll post the link when I find it, but a quick Google search may reveal the scandalous story.

I saw that.  It looks and tastes like tuna to me.  If it's fake, they did a good job of it.

So not at all different from their "seafood" sub which is just random fish parts formed to look like crab meat (I still like it). As for the tuna, I mean, I hate tuna salad already as it is, so that only solidifies my opinion.
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
(02-12-2021, 05:32 PM)Augustinian Wrote: So not at all different from their "seafood" sub which is just random fish parts formed to look like crab meat (I still like it). As for the tuna, I mean, I hate tuna salad already as it is, so that only solidifies my opinion.

Tuna (pre-cooked and either canned or bagged) is sort of nasty to begin with, so as long as it doesn't contain meat, I'm not sure I'd consider myself deceived if I ordered this...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Marmot
Here's a new one to try if you live near a Popeye's. It launched yesterday, just in time for Lent, which I doubt is a coincidence.

Popeyes has a new fish sandwich, but can it top that viral chicken magic?

As far as my choices, I'm with Jack. Of course, here in Wilber, I'm never out and about in such a way that I can't just come home to eat. I can walk across the entire town in about 15 minutes! But, if I'm somewhere else, Filet-O-Fish or Subway tuna sub. However, the nearest Micky D's is 10 miles away in the next town north. We do have a Subway here in town, but we quit eating there last year after an absolute customer service fiasco. Here's a blog post I wrote explaining what happened.

Why I Won't Be Eating at Subway Again

Here's the end of the post:

In other words, they are so dedicated to customer service that they have an auto generated, boiler plate response designed to thank people for being loyal customers who have just informed them that they will no longer eat at a Subway restaurant!

Don't you just LOVE corporate America and its 'screw the customer' attitude?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(02-12-2021, 03:27 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 03:23 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 02:31 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 11:01 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: We never eat out, so it's frozen salmon from Costco ($6/lb) and a few minutes in a skillet with some combination of the following:

- Butter
- Lemon
- Capers
- Old Bay

Fellow Marylander?

Nah, midwest.  If I lived on a coast, I'd probably try to find it fresh rather than buying frozen at a warehouse store.  :)

I just asked because people seem to have no idea what Old Bay is if they aren't from somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic.
I thought he was from Maryland too. (Hi, from Maryland. **waving**) I feel unexplainably territorial about Old Bay. Haha
(02-14-2021, 12:42 AM)Fortunabeargirl Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 03:27 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 03:23 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 02:31 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 11:01 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: We never eat out, so it's frozen salmon from Costco ($6/lb) and a few minutes in a skillet with some combination of the following:

- Butter
- Lemon
- Capers
- Old Bay

Fellow Marylander?

Nah, midwest.  If I lived on a coast, I'd probably try to find it fresh rather than buying frozen at a warehouse store.  :)

I just asked because people seem to have no idea what Old Bay is if they aren't from somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic.
I thought he was from Maryland too. (Hi, from Maryland. **waving**) I feel inexplainably territorial about Old Bay. Haha
You can even buy it in little, rural towns in SE Nebraska. Wilber's population is about 1,700 and our grocery, the Food Mesto, has it on the shelf.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
Now I feel guilty about the lobster tails we had last Friday even though they were on deep discount.  Will definitely tone it down during Lent though I think lobster and calamari, for that matter, never used to have quite the cachet (and price) in the past.  

My brother-in-law from SoCal introduced me to Old Bay.  Not sure where he picked it up…maybe from a fishing trip with some Marylanders...