Fast Food Fish Friday Choices
(02-14-2021, 01:45 AM)Ambrosiano Wrote: I think lobster and calamari, for that matter, never used to have quite the cachet (and price) in the past.  

Lobster used to be so cheap and plentiful that fishermen would throw them away as useless, and saloons on the coasts would have lobster in their free lunches.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Augustinian, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
Jimmy John's Club Tuna with Jimmy Peppers...one word YUM!

Also there's any veggie noodle dish from Noodles & Co, and the Sofritas option at Chipotle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • jack89
(02-14-2021, 01:40 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 12:42 AM)Fortunabeargirl Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 03:27 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 03:23 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 02:31 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(02-12-2021, 11:01 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: We never eat out, so it's frozen salmon from Costco ($6/lb) and a few minutes in a skillet with some combination of the following:

- Butter
- Lemon
- Capers
- Old Bay

Fellow Marylander?

Nah, midwest.  If I lived on a coast, I'd probably try to find it fresh rather than buying frozen at a warehouse store.  :)

I just asked because people seem to have no idea what Old Bay is if they aren't from somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic.
I thought he was from Maryland too. (Hi, from Maryland. **waving**) I feel inexplainably territorial about Old Bay. Haha
You can even buy it in little, rural towns in SE Nebraska. Wilber's population is about 1,700 and our grocery, the Food Mesto, has it on the shelf.
That's great! Im glad everyone has the chance to enjoy it. Its great on Tuna Salad and crab soup! Reminds me of when I was little, we would have to have our ADOBO shipped to us from Puerto Rico. Now you can get it at every grocery store. 

But if you want REAL crabcakes, you have to come to Maryland. ;)