Homeschool Co-Op
Good morning!

A few friends and I are in the works of starting a new homeschool co-op based on the Classical Education model. We are praying about who our Patron Saint should be/what we should call ourselves.

Any suggestions?  I specifically would love a strong Saint for these times.  Someone wise, logical, a great speaker and someone to look to in times of persecution.  I know that there are several but I feel like these is someone just beyond my grasp.  I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
St. Thomas Aquinas
🤡 There's no such thing as a Catholic Democra 🤡
[-] The following 3 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • ActusFidei313, AnaCarolina1, CatholicMamato5
St. Paul
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, CatholicMamato5
St. Elizabeth Seton
The Gospel is traditional.
[-] The following 2 users Like Evangelium's post:
Really can’t go wrong with Saint Joseph.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 2 users Like SacraCor714's post:
St. Philip Neri
[-] The following 2 users Like jack89's post:
Saint-John Vianney
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Fairy's post:
  • CatholicMamato5
St.Scholastica
[-] The following 2 users Like AnaCarolina1's post:
  • CatholicMamato5, The Fairy
Specifically for classical education, St. Ignatius. The Jesuits were the leaders of classical Catholic education bar none. St. Thomas Aquinas was trained in the liberal arts tradition. Liberal arts is Medieval; classical is Renaissance/Baroque.
[-] The following 1 user Likes piscis's post:
  • CatholicMamato5