Experimental Coronavirus Vaccines Killed 1,170 Americans (so far)
(02-13-2021, 01:24 PM)dahveed Wrote: I am reminded of how thalidomide was once briefly used to try to relieve morning sickness.

Imagine how much damage would have been done if the mainstream media had politicized the administration of thalidomide, spouting all sort of calumnies against women who refused it.

(02-13-2021, 01:53 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Vaccines take decades to complete and process in the FDA, and I'm to believe that a "safe" vaccine was developed for a novel coronavirus (that has been shown to mutate as quickly as the flu) in less than a year?

I spot bullshit.

You and me both.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Zedta
(02-13-2021, 02:11 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 01:53 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Vaccines take decades to complete and process in the FDA, and I'm to believe that a "safe" vaccine was developed for a novel coronavirus (that has been shown to mutate as quickly as the flu) in less than a year?

I spot bullshit.

You and me both.

Me three!!! But I suppose that would be too obvious.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(02-13-2021, 02:11 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 01:24 PM)dahveed Wrote: I am reminded of how thalidomide was once briefly used to try to relieve morning sickness.

Imagine how much damage would have been done if the mainstream media had politicized the administration of thalidomide, spouting all sort of calumnies against women who refused it.

I spot bullshit.

You and me both.
Yup!!  Lots and lots of b.s. flyin' around these days.  More, I think, than I've ever seen in my life-time.  

By the way, Z-man, this video https://rumble.com/vd3aur-dr-simone-gold-the-truth-about-the-covid-19-vaccine.html?mref=1vd7j&mc=21evc that you posted elsewhere is great!  Thanks.
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Zedta
Nonsense and speculation. Look up how many people die from the yearly flu vaccine. It is less but people still die.

And the virus mutated? All viruses mutate, that's why there's a new flu vaccine every year.

And the FDA approved the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines with zero data? That's false.

It's obvious that these vaccines, and that's what qualified people who label these things call them, can be developed in less time today. Why? Because these mRNA type vaccines were already in development for at least a decade already.

For a while, some in the UK were not sure they'd ever get a vaccine. Now the Astra/Zeneca vaccine is being administered. This is not a "this just happens in the US" situation.
(02-13-2021, 03:15 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: And the FDA approved the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines with zero data? That's false.

Well, you're right, it's false, but not for the reason you think.

The FDA hasn't approved either vaccine.  It has granted Emergency Use Authorizations for them.

An Emergency Use Authorization is not an approval.  An Emergency Use Authorization is a much lower standard that is only followed under emergent circumstances.  (How is a 99.97% recovery rate an emergency?  Your guess is as good as mine.)

No vaccine will receive a true approval for years because it will take years to demonstrate their safety and efficacy to the extent required for the normal, safer approval process.
(02-13-2021, 03:33 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 03:15 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: And the FDA approved the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines with zero data? That's false.

Well, you're right, it's false, but not for the reason you think.

The FDA hasn't approved either vaccine.  It has granted Emergency Use Authorizations for them.

An Emergency Use Authorization is not an approval.  An Emergency Use Authorization is a much lower standard that is only followed under emergent circumstances.  (How is a 99.97% recovery rate an emergency?  Your guess is as good as mine.)

No vaccine will receive a true approval for years because it will take years to demonstrate their safety and efficacy to the extent required for the normal, safer approval process.

The vaccines are shown to work. So what are you talking about? I understand the FDA approval process, but the two current vaccines weren't allowed for no reason. You seem to think the FDA should have said No. Think about what you say before you type.

I watched the number of cases rise and deaths go up on an almost daily basis. In the US, both are falling. The vaccine program is accelerating. To date, 50.1 million jabs have been given. And you think that is not good evidence for both vaccines working in real life?
(02-13-2021, 03:48 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Think about what you say before you type.

If your comment were intended as performance art, and I hope it is, it would be a crime to title it anything other than "Irony".

(02-13-2021, 03:48 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: I watched the number of cases rise and deaths go up on an almost daily basis. In the US, both are falling. The vaccine program is accelerating. To date, 50.1 million jabs have been given. And you think that is not good evidence for both vaccines working in real life?

Cases and deaths were falling before the experimental vaccine. Humans develop immunity after exposure to pathogens. News at 11.

No one disputes their potential effectiveness. We dispute their necessity given the risk of side effects and given the fact that the disease they treat is almost universally harmless. They are a dangerous solution in search of a problem.
[-] The following 2 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • J Michael, Zedta
(02-13-2021, 04:02 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:

If your comment were intended as performance art, and I hope it is, it would be a crime to title it anything other than "Irony".

(02-13-2021, 03:48 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: I watched the number of cases rise and deaths go up on an almost daily basis. In the US, both are falling. The vaccine program is accelerating. To date, 50.1 million jabs have been given. And you think that is not good evidence for both vaccines working in real life?

Cases and deaths were falling before the experimental vaccine.  Humans develop immunity after exposure to pathogens.  News at 11.

No one disputes their potential effectiveness.  We dispute their necessity given the risk of side effects and given the fact that the disease they treat is almost universally harmless.  They are a dangerous solution in search of a problem.

Cases and deaths were falling? Check the UK chart and the US chart. You'll see a direct relationship between people isolating and people being allowed to mingle. And when you have numbers over 300 million people, that small fraction who get infected and die becomes half a million people. I personally knew someone who died. I also personally know someone who recovered. I also know someone who recovered but who now suffers from a reported possible problem that sometimes occurs after recovery.

The Vietnam War produced fewer US deaths than this, over a longer time period.
(02-13-2021, 04:12 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: I personally knew someone who died.

Are you sure?

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2027040

New England Journal of Medicine Wrote:Viral culture was positive only in samples with a cycle-threshold value of 28.4 or less.

Labs across the country are recklessly reporting RT-PCR results with cycle-threshold values greater than 35 and even up to 40, meaning that many (if not most) of them are false positives. At cycle threshold values that high, the test is meaningless.

You know someone who died. You will never know whether it was actually COVID.
(02-13-2021, 04:12 PM)AlanK82 Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 04:02 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:

Cases and deaths were falling before the experimental vaccine.  Humans develop immunity after exposure to pathogens.  News at 11.

No one disputes their potential effectiveness.  We dispute their necessity given the risk of side effects and given the fact that the disease they treat is almost universally harmless.  They are a dangerous solution in search of a problem.

Cases and deaths were falling? Check the UK chart and the US chart. You'll see a direct relationship between people isolating and people being allowed to mingle. And when you have numbers over 300 million people, that small fraction who get infected and die becomes half a million people. I personally knew someone who died. I also personally know someone who recovered. I also know someone who recovered but who now suffers from a reported possible problem that sometimes occurs after recovery.

The Vietnam War produced fewer US deaths than this, over a longer time period.
Could you link the charts you are referring to, please?  How do we know with any degree of certainty that all Covid deaths are deaths from Covid and not deaths caused by other factors in people with Covid positivity?  Or even, with no Covid in them at all?!  The fact is, we don't know, and probably never will.

No one disputes that this is a pandemic and that many have died from it.  But its lethality, as a percentage of the population, while generally greater than flu is still relatively low.  Many died who probably needn't have died--for an example all those in Baby Doc's (that'd be Gov. Cuomo of N.Y.) nursing homes.  Had the vulnerable been more rapidly identified and isolated, and had the politicization of therapeutic treatment (e.g. hydroxychloroquine, etc.) not occurred, and had prophylactic measures like zinc, high dose vit. c and high dose vit. d-3 gotten more exposure and publicity, I'm pretty sure the death rate would have been much lower.  But then...if horses had wings....
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Zedta