Exempt from Lenten fast?
Are pregnant and/or breastfeeding women exempt from the Lenten fast?

I am both pregnant and breastfeeding. I don’t mind eating fish on Fridays and Ash Wednesday (we eat fish every Friday anyway) but the one meal a day and two smaller meal fast is hard for me. I would do an alternative form of penance obviously.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • XavierSem
Yes, you are exempt.  Here is a brief guide with some additional details and suggestions for pregnant and nursing mothers: https://aleteia.org/2019/03/02/the-pregn...ring-lent/
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 3 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • benedicite, CatholicMamato5, XavierSem
You're exempt. S'all good.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • XavierSem