RIP Rush
Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3...%3DApi&f=1]
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
An end of an era. Truly. He did a lot of good. May he rest in peace...
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 3 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • ActusFidei313, HailGilbert, PilgrimMichelangelo
Just heard. Had a bad feeling the longer he was off. He'll be missed. A man who always spoke his mind. May Christ have mercy on him.
[-] The following 2 users Like Eric F's post:
  • ActusFidei313, HailGilbert
I am almost exactly a year older than him. It is sobering seeing so many my age group passing. Makes one ponder things.

I always liked listening to him and didn't always agree, but his insight had a profound effect on my way of thinking over the years.

I, for one, will certainly miss him.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • HailGilbert, J Michael
May his memory be eternal!

“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
Didn't always agree with him, but he was honest and decent.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • HailGilbert
Ten years ago, I worked a lot of evenings/nights, and my days off were always during the week. I'd listen to him whenever I was out and about, almost every day. At least once a week, I'd go to a shooting range that was about an hour away, and I'd listen to Rush most of the way there and most of the way back, if the time worked out. It's been years since I listened to him regularly, though, mostly because my work schedule changed.

There were things I disagreed with him about, too, but I agreed with him far more often. And he's done far more for traditional values than most bishops. Plus, he was entertaining.
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filiolus's post:
  • austenbosten
I doubt he is resting in Peace from a Catholic Perspective and Catholic Doctrine.
He is not Catholic.

Did a search on where he attend Church. Not found. Did find he was raised Methodist. Not much else.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RidgeSprinter's post:
  • Evangelium
I used to listen to him, but noticed he was getting more and more secular as time went on.

The breaking point for me was when a caller mentioned EWTN and Rush smirked saying "what kind of television network was about a word" and that crossed a line I didn't listen to him anymore.
--BobCatholic 
I'm pretty conservative and follow several conservative commentators but I never really listened to Limbaugh.  I will say a prayer for the repose of his soul.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12