RIP Rush
(02-17-2021, 08:51 PM)Filiolus Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 07:51 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote:
(02-17-2021, 07:23 PM)RidgeSprinter Wrote: I doubt he is resting in Peace from a Catholic Perspective and Catholic Doctrine.
He is not Catholic. 

Did a search on where he attend Church.  Not found.  Did find he was raised Methodist.  Not much else.

It also looks like he was married and divorced several times.  I'm not trying to speak ill of the dead but he seems to have been more of the "secular Right" than a religious conservative or a traditionalist.  Still, I'll say a prayer in the hopes that some grace managed to reach him in time.

That's fair. But his brand of "secular right" was against trans-genderism, gay marriage, and abortion. He wasn't the kind of "secular right" that only cares about economics; he was a real ally.

Honestly, if one's only conservative or right wing views were economic ones and they otherwise supported same-sex "marriage," abortion, transgenderism, etc., then I'd think that person is more likely a classical liberal or a libertarian.  My longtime best friend is a Deist but is otherwise totally secular in his life.  He's also a fairly ardent Republican and a consistent ally, except for thinking that same-sex "marriage" is possible.  But he's otherwise opposed to gender ideology, abortion, etc.

Anyway, it does sound like Limbaugh was (politically speaking) one of the good guys, fighting for what is left of this country's soul.  He must have had lots of Catholic friends and listeners, so many people must have been praying for his conversion.  I'll definitely say prayers for the repose of his soul, as those prayers by his friends and supporters might have been effective.  I certainly hope so.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
https://www.catholicleague.org/rush-limbaugh-r-i-p

Catholic League president Bill Donohue comments on the death of Rush Limbaugh:
No talk-show host, on radio or TV—liberal or conservative—has ever had as much public impact as Rush Limbaugh. His voice was a gift from God and his daily presentations and musings were classic. He did not need prepared scripts: his commentary was fluid, coherent and persuasive. Indeed, he captivated his audience in a way no one else ever has.
Rush was also a good friend of the Catholic League. His kind remarks about our work, and his decision to interview me for his monthly newsletter (April 2014) is an honor that I will always treasure.
We have lost a titan. Sad to note but there is no one who can fill his shoes. God bless Rush Limbaugh.
The good news is that his passing on Ash Wednesday will invite us to remember him every Lenten season.
The mighty oak is nothing but a nut that stood its ground.
Quote:The good news is that his passing on Ash Wednesday will invite us to remember him every Lenten season.

Ash Wednesday is not about Rush Limbaugh.
[-] The following 2 users Like Evangelium's post:
  • Melkite, pspark
Quote:Ash Wednesday is not about Rush Limbaugh.

It doesn't have to be about Rush Limbaugh for us to come to an Ash Wednesday, remember that Rush died on that day, and say an Ave for his soul.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 7 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Eric F, Filiolus, HailGilbert, J Michael, PilgrimMichelangelo, SacraCor714, SeekerofChrist