Reading For Lent
Right now, besides the Bible, I'm reading St Bernadette Soubirous 1844-1879 by Francois Trochu, and finishing up The Story of a Family : The Home of St Therese of Lisieux by Father Stephane Joseph Piat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
I'm reading Meditations on the Tarot, by Anonymous. I'm also reading The Eight Doors of the Kingdom: Meditations on the Beatitudes, by Jacques Philippe.
(02-19-2021, 09:52 PM)Evangelium Wrote: I'm reading Meditations on the Tarot, by Anonymous.  

It was written by Valentin Tomberg, but originally published anonymously.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
I read Acts. And then a companion book.
Autobiography of Saint Therese. Found it right here on Fisheaters. Also available here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/ClassicCatholi...oks/videos
The Devil. Father Delaporte
The Confraternity of the Precious Blood edition of the Imitation of Christ.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(02-19-2021, 09:48 PM)Eric F Wrote: Right now, besides the Bible, I'm reading St Bernadette Soubirous 1844-1879 by Francois Trochu, and finishing up The Story of a Family : The Home of St Therese of Lisieux by Father Stephane Joseph Piat.

Is Trochu good?
I got his books on St. Bernadette and St. John Vianney, but, truth be told, never read it.
Ite ad Ioseph
jovan66102 Wrote:
Evangelium Wrote:I'm reading Meditations on the Tarot, by Anonymous.  

It was written by Valentin Tomberg, but originally published anonymously.

I know, but I honor his wish for anonymity.  The book is still published with the author Anonymous.

He says in the book that readers will know more about him from reading the book than they could discover about his life elsewhere.
Ioannes L, Trochu's book about St Bernadette is excellent. Very topical and provides background on most people mentioned. It's more of a big picture of the story of Our Lady of Lourdes, while Bernadette Speaks obviously focuses more on the seer. Both are excellent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Ioannes_L