Post-Trad?
I keep hearing this phrase tossed around and still have no idea what it means.  Even the Urban Dictionary is unable to help me with this one.  What is a Post-Trad?
[-] The following 1 user Likes MacPasquale's post:
  • Basil3HCm
Where have you seen it?
There's no such thing as a Catholic Democrat
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Basil3HCm
Confessions of a Post-RadTrad Millennial

Quote:"As I said above, the only perfect liturgy is the one Christ offered to our Father by the power of the Holy Spirit. Of course, this 'Perfect Sacrifice' is still present to us under sacramental signs and symbols in the present age, through the Mass, the Liturgy of the Hours, even when we volunteer to remake the world in Christ’s image."

A post-trad seems to be someone who went through a trad phase and now determines to view the novus ordo as generally acceptable.
[-] The following 2 users Like TruthWhichIsChrist's post:
  • Basil3HCm, MacPasquale
I think this is truly my first encounter with the term.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FultonFan's post:
  • Basil3HCm
I think it's what Truth said. Someone who once was trad, but now is now NO.

Honestly I threw a post up on the Benevacantism thread ranting about anti-Trads, my guess is some of them could be post-Trads. Idk why someone would want to go from the TLM to the "supper table."
[-] The following 4 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • Basil3HCm, Fortunabeargirl, karl, Ruth Catherine
(02-21-2021, 09:48 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: Where have you seen it?
Here and there in trad podcasts over the past few years.  Always in passing.
(02-21-2021, 10:29 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Honestly I threw a post up on the Benevacantism thread ranting about anti-Trads, my guess is some of them could be post-Trads.  Idk why someone would want to go from the TLM to the "supper table."
That post is what lead me to ask the question.  I looked up that CTrefugees cat, he described himself as a Post-Trad.

I agree with your last sentence, I still can't get myself to attend the new rites.  It may just be a limited option thing for some.
[-] The following 2 users Like MacPasquale's post:
  • austenbosten, Basil3HCm
(02-21-2021, 09:51 PM)TruthWhichIsChrist Wrote: A post-trad seems to be someone who went through a trad phase and now determines to view the novus ordo as generally acceptable.

I reject the term "post-trad" because it makes the faith of our fathers sound like something that we're supposed to outgrow.

That is modernism.
There's no such thing as a Catholic Democrat
(02-21-2021, 11:36 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 09:51 PM)TruthWhichIsChrist Wrote: A post-trad seems to be someone who went through a trad phase and now determines to view the novus ordo as generally acceptable.

I reject the term "post-trad" because it makes the faith of our fathers sound like something that we're supposed to outgrow.

That is modernism.
I get the impression it's a derogatory term.  Even the fellow on Twitter who identified as post-trad may have done so ironically
[-] The following 3 users Like MacPasquale's post:
  • austenbosten, Basil3HCm, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
I'm not sure which is worse, a post-trad or a 'Tradinista', a Marxist who claims to be Trad. Smells'n'bells commies! Who'da thunk it?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 5 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • antiquarian, austenbosten, Basil3HCm, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
(02-22-2021, 12:21 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: I'm not sure which is worse, a post-trad or a 'Tradinista', a Marxist who claims to be Trad. Smells'n'bells commies! Who'da thunk it?
I just read their manifesto.  Sounds like a boat only a handful of people would currently hop on(not that their the only ones proposing a niche theoretical dream).  

From the manifesto:
Quote:11. Racism, misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, and similar forms of oppression must be eradicated.

12. Marriage and family life should be specially supported by the polity to promote the common good.

13. Abortion is a horrifying crime which must be eradicated immediately
Considering how the words in point 11 are defined and used in leftist discourse(which has nothing to do with personal, intentional bigotry) points 12 and 13 would be considered racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and transphobic.  Maybe it's redundant to mention, but traditional marriage would be seen as a form of oppression.

The left would eat them alive.

One thing they have on post-Trads is who they are is more clear cut.
[-] The following 3 users Like MacPasquale's post:
  • antiquarian, Basil3HCm, jovan66102