Do You Think Iran Is Really That Bad ?
Notice, I didn't say Do You Think Iran Is Really That Good ?  Going exclusively by what I can find online and in books I've read like The Shia Revival by Vali Nasr, I would have to say that to the very best of my knowledge, while certainly not being a place I'd like to move to , my answer would be NO, I don't believe Iran is as bad as they are made out to be by the Western media, it's politicians, and Israel and many of the Sunni Arab states. That's my short opening statement.
Comparing Iran to the US is a no-brainer for me. While I would not want to live in Iran, I think the US is an evil empire compared to Iran. At least Iran in many ways tries to retain the Natural Law, the US not only rejects it but outwardly mocks and attacks it.

It took me a while to see what E Michael Jones was getting at. I used to see him as a Muslim apologist, but he really was just a Catholic who saw that the Islamist regime in Iran was more in tune with the Natural Law (Logos, or Low-gauss as EMJ pronounces it) than the secular US culture.
(02-21-2021, 10:31 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Comparing Iran to the US is a no-brainer for me.  While I would not want to live in Iran, I think the US is an evil empire compared to Iran.  At least Iran in many ways tries to retain the Natural Law, the US not only rejects it but outwardly mocks and attacks it.

It took me a while to see what E Michael Jones was getting at.  I used to see him as a Muslim apologist, but he really was just a Catholic who saw that the Islamist regime in Iran was more in tune with the Natural Law (Logos, or Low-gauss as EMJ pronounces it) than the secular US culture.

In seconds, one can find online photos and videos of Christians in Iran celebrating Christmas in public and in churches. One can find footage of Jews practicing their religion unmolested. Iran has something like 25 Jewish hospitals and an automatic representative in the Iranian parliament. Can you imagine that happening in Saudi Arabia, where sadly Republicans as well as Democrats would gladly sacrifice our sons and daughters to protect the House of Saud.   As for persecution of Christians in Iran, has anyone else noticed who it always seems to be that runs afoul of the Iranian government ? The vast majority of cases have involved Evangelicals, who often hold political views regarding the Middle East that the average Iranian would find very disturbing.