"Equality Act"
I just hit a horrible place: I went to go oppose this legislation and realized that if I do so, it could cause me to be reprimanded by my state's real estate commission or the local board of realtors.  That's a scary, scary place to find myself.  While I'm praying about how to balance my situation with my need to continue to be able to help support my family, I'd like to invite any and all persons here to take action against this legislation by contacting senators.  https://www.votervoice.net/USCCB/Campaig...67/Respond

And when you do so, please say a prayer for me.  Yikes! I've never been afraid to make my voice heard before and today, for the first time, I truly am.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
[-] The following 3 users Like Fontevrault's post:
  • ActusFidei313, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
(02-22-2021, 04:44 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: I just hit a horrible place: I went to go oppose this legislation and realized that if I do so, it could cause me to be reprimanded by my state's real estate commission or the local board of realtors.  That's a scary, scary place to find myself.  While I'm praying about how to balance my situation with my need to continue to be able to help support my family, I'd like to invite any and all persons here to take action against this legislation by contacting senators.  https://www.votervoice.net/USCCB/Campaig...67/Respond

And when you do so, please say a prayer for me.  Yikes! I've never been afraid to make my voice heard before and today, for the first time, I truly am.
Would a reprimand be so bad?  I honestly don't know what a reprimand from those bodies means in this context.  You would be, it seems to me, just exercising your 1st Amendment rights.  But...wait...I forgot...we're no longer "allowed" to do that any more.  Never thought I'd live to see what's happening in this country!
The earth used to be spherical.  Then those Pesky Semites came along, and the sheer weight of their ideas flattened it. :LOL:

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Fontevrault
(02-22-2021, 04:44 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: I just hit a horrible place: I went to go oppose this legislation and realized that if I do so, it could cause me to be reprimanded by my state's real estate commission or the local board of realtors.

What makes you think this?  Why would anyone even know if you contacted your congressmen?
There's no such thing as a Catholic Democrat
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Fontevrault
Realtors have been cautioned that they can be censured, including fines and mandatory ethics training... the local real estate commission can fine me, put me on probation, or take my license if I am intolerant towards protected groups . . .  So, I could lose my ability to work in this field completely if someone were to complain.  I live in a liberal state, so contacting my senator could put me on a special list of people to be silenced.  I'm really wrestling with this.  I'm mad.  Hopping mad that I even need to think about whether I could lose my job!

Edit to add: The fines could be several thousand dollars.
(02-23-2021, 05:57 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Realtors have been cautioned that they can be censured, including fines and mandatory ethics training... the local real estate commission can fine me, put me on probation, or take my license if I am intolerant towards protected groups . . .  So, I could lose my ability to work in this field completely if someone were to complain.  I live in a liberal state, so contacting my senator could put me on a special list of people to be silenced.  I'm really wrestling with this.  I'm mad.  Hopping mad that I even need to think about whether I could lose my job!

I understand your dilemma.  I guess it, at least in part, comes down to choosing which hill you're going to make a stand and possibly die on.

How is signing the petition being intolerant of anyone??  Ooops....I'm forgetting where we are now.  This is definitely NOT the U.S.A. that I was born into 70+ years ago.
The earth used to be spherical.  Then those Pesky Semites came along, and the sheer weight of their ideas flattened it. :LOL:

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
(02-23-2021, 06:11 PM)J Michael Wrote: This is definitely NOT the U.S.A. that I was born into 70+ years ago.

It's not even the USA that I returned to 10 years ago. 
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 4 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael, karl, SECath
(02-23-2021, 05:57 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Realtors have been cautioned that they can be censured, including fines and mandatory ethics training... the local real estate commission can fine me, put me on probation, or take my license if I am intolerant towards protected groups . . .  So, I could lose my ability to work in this field completely if someone were to complain.  I live in a liberal state, so contacting my senator could put me on a special list of people to be silenced.  I'm really wrestling with this.  I'm mad.  Hopping mad that I even need to think about whether I could lose my job!

Are the fines imposed by the Realtor cartel or by the local/state government?
There's no such thing as a Catholic Democrat
Quote:I live in a liberal state,

Ah. There's the root cause.

Move.
--BobCatholic 
(02-23-2021, 11:13 PM)BobCatholic Wrote:
Quote:I live in a liberal state,

Ah.  There's the root cause.

Move.

For some that is far easier said than done.

[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • karl, Melkite
(02-23-2021, 10:38 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:

Are the fines imposed by the Realtor cartel or by the local/state government?

Both actually.  Realtors can take away my status as a realtor or mandate ethics education.  They can assess fines and take away my ability to be employed by all the major real estate companies.  The state can fine me, remove my license, and leave me without a job based on the same offense.  Each group operates independently of the other, so both could hit me at the same time.  This should not be the case in America.