"Equality Act"
(02-24-2021, 12:55 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Both actually.  Realtors can take away my status as a realtor or mandate ethics education.  They can assess fines and take away my ability to be employed by all the major real estate companies.  The state can fine me, remove my license, and leave me without a job based on the same offense.  Each group operates independently of the other, so both could hit me at the same time.  This should not be the case in America.

That's messed up.

You're not alone, though.
(02-24-2021, 12:55 PM)Fontevrault Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:38 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 05:57 PM)Fontevrault Wrote: Realtors have been cautioned that they can be censured, including fines and mandatory ethics training... the local real estate commission can fine me, put me on probation, or take my license if I am intolerant towards protected groups . . .  So, I could lose my ability to work in this field completely if someone were to complain.  I live in a liberal state, so contacting my senator could put me on a special list of people to be silenced.  I'm really wrestling with this.  I'm mad.  Hopping mad that I even need to think about whether I could lose my job!

Edit to add: The fines could be several thousand dollars.

Are the fines imposed by the Realtor cartel or by the local/state government?

Both actually.  Realtors can take away my status as a realtor or mandate ethics education.  They can assess fines and take away my ability to be employed by all the major real estate companies.  The state can fine me, remove my license, and leave me without a job based on the same offense.  Each group operates independently of the other, so both could hit me at the same time.  This should not be the case in America.

Yikes!  You're right, this should not be the case here.  But, "here" is no longer really here anymore--much more like there than here as here was meant to be--if you catch my meaning.

Just out of curiosity, what does your husband have to say about your situation?
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
He thinks I worked too long and too hard for my real estate license to walk away.  We need the money my work provides and the part time nature of my work makes it possible (though difficult) to homeschool our children at the same time.  He's a teacher, so we are hit with the same issues for him.
Adoption, Home School, and Catholic Family Life:  StolenPears.com
It passed the House https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...uality-act
(02-25-2021, 07:53 PM)Eric F Wrote: It passed the House https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...uality-act

Sad but not surprising.
(02-25-2021, 08:03 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 07:53 PM)Eric F Wrote: It passed the House https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/breaki...uality-act

Sad but not surprising.

Okay but we don't give up here. Now we fight this in the Senate.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
The Catechism of the Catholic Church says:  "Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided."  CCC 2358.

Shouldn't this principle be enshrined in the law?
(02-25-2021, 09:51 PM)Evangelium Wrote: The Catechism of the Catholic Church says:  "Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided."  2358

Shouldn't this principle be enshrined in the law?

Just before 2358 comes 2357:

Quote:2357 Homosexuality refers to relations between men or between women who experience an exclusive or predominant sexual attraction toward persons of the same sex. It has taken a great variety of forms through the centuries and in different cultures. Its psychological genesis remains largely unexplained. Basing itself on Sacred Scripture, which presents homosexual acts as acts of grave depravity,141 tradition has always declared that "homosexual acts are intrinsically disordered."142 They are contrary to the natural law. They close the sexual act to the gift of life. They do not proceed from a genuine affective and sexual complementarity. Under no circumstances can they be approved.

And it is followed by:

Quote:2359 Homosexual persons are called to chastity. By the virtues of self-mastery that teach them inner freedom, at times by the support of disinterested friendship, by prayer and sacramental grace, they can and should gradually and resolutely approach Christian perfection.
If the 'Equality' Act is passed as it stands, preaching on either of these sections will be considered 'hate speech' and be forbidden. 

There are other sections, such as on marriage that are in danger of being ruled 'hate speech' under the Act as well.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
But don't you think that some kind of law is in order to forbid discrimination against homosexuals, even if you think the Equality Act goes too far?
It would need 60 votes in the Senate to become law, which means 8 Republicans would have to vote for it.