Masks DO NOT work!
Oh, this Dr. Merritt should know more than anyone. As an Orthopedic doctor, I bet she is better versed and trained in immunology than the immunologists.

This stuff is just too rich. She got her minute of fame, and then crawled back to where she came from. Probably needs to stay there.
(02-25-2021, 03:11 PM)farronwolf Wrote: Oh, this Dr. Merritt should know more than anyone.  As an Orthopedic doctor, I bet she is better versed and trained in immunology than the immunologists. 

This stuff is just too rich.    She got her minute of fame, and then crawled back to where she came from.  Probably needs to stay there.
So...only immunologists (isn't St. Fauci an immunologist?  He's gotten it right just about every time he opens his blessed mouth, hasn't he?  Yawn.) have anything to say about masks and disease spread?  As a long time orthopedic surgeon, like almost all other doctors, I'm pretty sure she's quite competent to read and understand medical articles and studies, etc., even from other branches of medicine, and to communicate those findings to others willing to listen. 

Have you watched the video yet?

Can you provide information that clearly contradicts what is claimed in the video?  If so, please do so.  I'll certainly keep my mind open enough to read it or watch it.
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
(02-25-2021, 03:35 PM)J Michael Wrote: So...only immunologists (isn't St. Fauci an immunologist?  He's gotten it right just about every time he opens his blessed mouth, hasn't he?  Yawn.) have anything to say about masks and disease spread?  As a long time orthopedic surgeon, like almost all other doctors, I'm pretty sure she's quite competent to read and understand medical articles and studies, etc., even from other branches of medicine, and to communicate those findings to others willing to listen. 

Can you provide information that clearly contradicts what is claimed in the video?  If so, please do so.  I'll certainly keep my mind open enough to read it or watch it.

If we're going by credentials, we should all be listening to Dr. Michael Yeadon, the former Chief Scientist of Pfizer's Allergy & Immunology division...

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/former...ively-over

"Dr Mike Yeadon has a degree in biochemistry and toxicology and a research-based PhD in respiratory pharmacology. He has spent over 30 years leading new medicines research in some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies"
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • J Michael
(02-25-2021, 03:43 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 03:35 PM)J Michael Wrote: So...only immunologists (isn't St. Fauci an immunologist?  He's gotten it right just about every time he opens his blessed mouth, hasn't he?  Yawn.) have anything to say about masks and disease spread?  As a long time orthopedic surgeon, like almost all other doctors, I'm pretty sure she's quite competent to read and understand medical articles and studies, etc., even from other branches of medicine, and to communicate those findings to others willing to listen. 

If we're going by credentials, we should all be listening to Dr. Michael Yeadon, the former Chief Scientist of Pfizer's Allergy & Immunology division...

"Dr Mike Yeadon has a degree in biochemistry and toxicology and a research-based PhD in respiratory pharmacology. He has spent over 30 years leading new medicines research in some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies"
These folks are worth paying attention to, as well:

Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.

Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.

Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.

https://gbdeclaration.org/
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.

Is he a lone wolf out there with his opinion back in Oct?   Has his opinion changed?   Do others in his field support his hypothesis?   If so, how many support his hypothesis, vs how many oppose him.

One can't look at a single opinion and say, this person is right.

Our Bishop, Strickland has differing views than most of the USCCB regarding the vaccine, does that make him right?   Nope.
(02-25-2021, 03:58 PM)farronwolf Wrote:

Is he a lone wolf out there with his opinion back in Oct?   Has his opinion changed?   Do others in his field support his hypothesis?   If so, how many support his hypothesis, vs how many oppose him.

One can't look at a single opinion and say, this person is right.

Our Bishop, Strickland has differing views than most of the USCCB regarding the vaccine, does that make him right?   Nope.
We are looking at multiple "opinions" in case you hadn't noticed.

"Our Bishop, Strickland has differing views than most of the USCCB regarding the vaccine, does that make him right?   Nope."  Does that make him wrong?  Nope.

Just because one's opinions are with the majority doesn't make them right.  Just because one's opinions are in the minority doesn't make them wrong.

You were questioning Dr. Merritt's credentials and ability to read and understand medical and scientific information.  I think Dr. Yeadon's credentials are pretty good.  As to whether he's changed his opinion or not, why don't YOU, since you're the one asking, do the research and let us know?

Have you even watched the video yet??

[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
I'm wearing a mask right now. Most businesses require one. The President is going to send out millions for free. Masks work.
No, they don't.
(02-25-2021, 04:14 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: I'm wearing a mask right now. Most businesses require one. The President is going to send out millions for free. Masks work.
No, they don't.  Just because you're required to wear one doesn't mean they work.  It just means that enough people have swallowed enough Kool-Aid to make them believe they work.  If you *want* to wear one, be my guest.  Just don't mandate it for the vast majority of the population that isn't at risk.  Even those who are at greatest risk from Covid won't benefit from wearing them, if the claims made in the video are correct.

Another waste of taxpayer dollars.

Did you watch the video?  If so, and you're not convinced please provide evidence to refute the claims made therein.

[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • antiquarian, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
From the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nco...rings.html