"German Catholic bishops call for change to Catechism on homosexuality"
(02-25-2021, 06:52 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 05:49 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: eine Bayerische? A Bavarian? What has that got to do with anything?

You need to work on your reading comprehension or your geography. I was joking that I'd like to blame all the heresy on Germans from the north. If Döllinger was from Bavaria, it's obvious that he was not a North German.

AlanK82 - Catholic Germany is generally in the south, in Bavaria.  Forgive jovan's snarky comment, but since he/she has such a high post count and adorably cutsy icon, perhaps he/she feels entitled to talk down to you.
Great, another new member being rude towards veterans... I'm beginning to miss CAF.
Ite ad Ioseph
[-] The following 3 users Like Ioannes_L's post:
  • antiquarian, austenbosten, SeekerofChrist
My high post count has nothing to do with it. I have a bad habit of responding to snark with snark, and I considered the tone of his comment, 'eine Bayerische? A Bavarian? What has that got to do with anything?', to be quite snarky. I was making a joke, and if he didn't get the point because he was unaware of the religious demographics of Germany, he could have phrased a simple question in a less confrontational manner. When I hear, 'What has that got to do with anything?' it usually carries undertones of 'You know nothing about it', not an actual request for information.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten, SeekerofChrist
Bavaria, Bavaria,
I was hardly aware-o'-ya
Couldn't say which area
In a fit of mild hysteria
[-] The following 2 users Like TruthWhichIsChrist's post:
  • austenbosten, jovan66102