On something I said then regretted but can't remember!
This is more a matter of advice than one of prayer.

During breakfast as I talked with my mother on matters of the faith I may have said something heretical but now I honestly cannot remember it! I remembered all the other sins and wrote them down for confession, but not the one that slipped my tongue, the one I'm worried about most. Of course, I wrote this sin down for confession too but if given the chance I'd like to remember it with 100% clarity.

You have to know that my upbringing has been modern and that I used to be a heretic in the past. It is not easy to deal with the world while having to deal with my less than ideal past.

Next time, I ought to control my tongue with discipline. Catching myself too late is well far too late.
Did you intend to say something heretical or did you phrase something poorly? 

If you did say something heretical to your mother, all you have to do is say you said something heretical to your mother.  It seems like you have all the information you need to confess it.

Quote:During breakfast as I talked with my mother on matters of the faith I MAY have said something heretical but now I honestly cannot remember it! 
Talk to your priest about this.  I could be misreading this, but you seem to be scrupulous.
[-] The following 2 users Like MacPasquale's post:
  • Mr. Cowboy, XavierSem