Mr. Potato Head is now a eunuch
(02-26-2021, 01:06 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:41 PM)farronwolf Wrote: Hey look this guy who doesn't think that parenting is the single biggest factor in how a child turns out because the whole world is dead set on turning kids into some go with the flow and don't look back adult.   

You mention genetics, but then fail to acknowledge that there are actually more than two genders.   Kind of a self defeating argument.  But hey it was yours not mine.

And when others concede that everything in life is not immoral there may be hope.   Especially a box filled with a bunch of plastic parts which one can do what they choose with.  Maybe ya'll just choose to think of the immoral before the moral.   Sorry you were influenced by society so easily.

Love how you move the goalposts. No one said that parenting isn't important or even that it isn't the single biggest factor in how a kid turns out (though that's debatable); what was said is that peer influence matters, how other people raise their children matters, and just because there's a buyer for something doesn't mean it should be sold or should be legal to sell. 

I said nothing about "genders"; there are two sexes.

I'm the person who likes heavy metal, smokes too much, and wrote the "Toxic Traddism" page on FishEaters; don't you dare go on as if I, of all people, think everything in life is immoral. But you -- if you think it's OK what the powers that be are doing with regard to transgenderism; condoning surgery, hormones, and puberty blockers for autistic girls; blessing gay "marriage," etc. -- then your moral compass is very broken.

If you can point to where I suggest that surgery, hormones or puberty blockers, gay marriage or any of that is moral or within the Church's teachings, please do so.  You can't.

My moral compass is very much true.

The fact that folks get in such a bind over the repackaging of a stupid toy is a bit much.   That is what I am saying.   Some come forth like it is a national conspiracy to make all of the kids today into a bunch of whatever.   It isn't.   It is a marketing tool.   When is the last time you even thought about a potato head toy.   The marketing is working apparently.

Are you saying that the potato toy should now not be sold?   What would the Church say about it, or would they simply remain silent.   My money is on silence regarding the actual toy.
(02-26-2021, 01:13 PM)farronwolf Wrote: If you can point to where I suggest that surgery, hormones or puberty blockers, gay marriage or any of that is moral or within the Church's teachings, please do so.  You can't.

My moral compass is very much true.

The fact that folks get in such a bind over the repackaging of a stupid toy is a bit much.   That is what I am saying.   Some come forth like it is a national conspiracy to make all of the kids today into a bunch of whatever.   It isn't.   It is a marketing tool.   When is the last time you even thought about a potato head toy.   The marketing is working apparently.

Are you saying that the potato toy should now not be sold?   What would the Church say about it, or would they simply remain silent.   My money is on silence regarding the actual toy.

I didn't say the stupid toy should be made illegal. I made a few overall points, including the fact that just because something can be sold doesn't mean it should be sold or that it should be legal to sell.

The demasculinization of Mr. Potato Head is being done for the purpose of pleasing the wokesters who demand that transgenderism be normalized and that the differences between the sexes be ignored. You can ignore the Mr. Potato Heads, the Drag Queen Story Hours, the Genderbread characters, the "I am Jazz" books, the drag dolls -- all of it. But don't complain when your future grandson wants to "become" a "woman," or your granddaughter decides to cut her breasts off and sterilize herself when she's 15 so she can "become" a "boy" -- and your son and his valedictorian wife can't do a thing to stop it.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-2.21.45-PM.png]
[Image: Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-2.22.35-PM.png]

T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • DNJC.org, J Michael
Ok to look at the self identifying info.

Couple of notes. Prior to the 1980's being gay or trans or whatever was not something people were publicly open about. Just because they won't admit to it in public or on a poll doesn't necessarily mean they aren't gay or trans or whatever.

When was the largest increase in recent history of gay priests? It was the baby boomers who when through the seminary in the 60's 70's and 80's, and based on the chart had one of the lowest lgbt numbers if I am not mistaken. How do you explain that?

Maybe Gen Z is just being honest in the poll and the rest of them are simply lying, but are really gay.

I don't know, but all the way back to Sodom and Gomorrah there appear to have been lots of folks sexually deviant.

How do those groups stack up in heterosexual divorce rates and remarriage or adultry/fornication? I am certain that the number go up just as the lgbt numbers go up, both are more socially accepted, both are equally immoral.

The charts, without context are fun to look at but may not reflect actual facts. I don't know but have serious questions as to validity.
That's a big increase in Generation Z of people identifying as bisexual.  I would like to see a breakdown by sex.  I believe it would show a disproportionate percentage of young women who identify as bisexual.  A surprising number of women go through a bisexual phase.
(02-26-2021, 02:14 PM)Evangelium Wrote: That's a big increase in Generation Z of people identifying as bisexual.  I would like to see a breakdown by sex.  I believe it would show a disproportionate percentage of young women who identify as bisexual.  A surprising number of women go through a bisexual phase.

So-called bisexuality and transgenderism are a cry for attention and for the acceptance of the "in" group.  Only twenty or thirty years ago, most of them would have grown out of it, but today's sick culture rewards depravity.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • farronwolf
Having attractions does not make one depraved.  I am same-sex attracted, but remain chaste, frequent the sacraments and pray my rosary every evening.

I think the Internet and the greater social and legal acceptance of LGBT people are leading to greater self-identification as bisexual.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Evangelium's post:
  • farronwolf
(02-26-2021, 02:41 PM)Evangelium Wrote: Having attractions does not make one depraved.

Attractions are not what our sick culture rewards.
farronwolf-  Unless I'm mistaken, that name looks familiar as one of the lefty/libertarian Catholic Answers forum members that inevitably would refugee here to make the same arguments that just cause threads to go around and around the same points endlessly until they got shut down.  Condescending moralizing and contempt of traditional values is the usual MO.  Same BS argumentation that I used to read over there.
(02-26-2021, 05:13 PM)ElizabethH Wrote: farronwolf-  Unless I'm mistaken, that name looks familiar as one of the lefty/libertarian Catholic Answers forum members that inevitably would refugee here to make the same arguments that just cause threads to go around and around the same points endlessly until they got shut down.  Condescending moralizing and contempt of traditional values is the usual MO.  Same BS argumentation that I used to read over there.

I was on CAF, and I did use the same name, why would I change it?

Certainly not a lefty.   Yes, conservative and libertarian leaning.   

You do realize that it takes multiple people to make threads go around and around right?   I guess, you are ok with folks from a certain point of view doing it but not from an opposing one.   Interesting.   

Where do you get that I have contempt of traditional values by the way?   What are these traditional values you are referring to?

There is a solution if you don't want to read what I post.
(02-26-2021, 05:37 PM)farronwolf Wrote: I guess, you are ok with folks from a certain point of view doing it but not from an opposing one.

Yes, that's how truth works.