Ember days
I forgot Wednesday but ate only 1 meal.  I did my  usual prayers. Does this count?
(02-25-2021, 10:28 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I forgot Wednesday but ate only 1 meal.  I did my  usual prayers. Does this count?

Count for what? Fasting on Ember Wednesday (or most of Lent, for that matter) hasn't been required under pain of sin since the 1960s.

It seems that might make it easier, since we no longer have to worry about things like what you asked. But it also doesn't, since it is sinful to neglect prayer and fasting and penance entirely, and the practical result of the new laws is that most people don't do any of it. At least before, Catholics did it, even if they felt forced to, and knew what they needed to do.
(02-25-2021, 10:28 PM)AnaCarolina1 Wrote: I forgot Wednesday but ate only 1 meal.  I did my  usual prayers. Does this count?

It's no longer obligatory.

If it bothers you, assemble an organizational system that will prevent you from forgetting next time.

Every year, right after Christmas, we add to our family Google calendar (for the upcoming year) all of the current HDOs, some of the former HDOs, the Ember days, the Rogation days, and a few other things.  Some day we'll get away from using Google, but we're going to keep the practice of putting everything on the calendar because it has helped immensely.
[-] The following 3 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • jovan66102, pspark, TruthWhichIsChrist
(02-25-2021, 10:43 PM)Paul Wrote:

Count for what? Fasting on Ember Wednesday (or most of Lent, for that matter) hasn't been required under pain of sin since the 1960s.

It seems that might make it easier, since we no longer have to worry about things like what you asked. But it also doesn't, since it is sinful to neglect prayer and fasting and penance entirely, and the practical result of the new laws is that most people don't do any of it. At least before, Catholics did it, even if they felt forced to, and knew what they needed
That came out muddled. 
I keep these traditions alive. Family prayer during Ember  days and fasting.
I veil statues and extraneous mirrors during passiontide in my home. My home is Enthroned.

My grandmother was a Carmelite nun who taught me. She left the convent because of poverty in her family.

It's not just keeping the 1962 missal as the only guide.
Jesus is in each one of us. We do this for Him.

So we skipped family rosary and I feel bad about that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AnaCarolina1's post:
  • ActusFidei313
I came across a calendar that list ember days (http://www.calefactory.org/calendar/wc202102.htm) when using St Francis' Stations on their site.  Hope it might help you in the future.  Remember tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday are Ember days too.  :)
[-] The following 2 users Like DNJC.org's post:
  • ActusFidei313, AnaCarolina1
Years ago, I spent a lot of time creating a programmatic TLM calendar online. It works on phone/tablet/desktop

Maybe it can help you remember.

http://www.credobiblestudy.com/en/calendar/2021/2/25