US Launches Airstrikes Against Syria
(02-26-2021, 01:17 PM)Filiolus Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:48 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Whew. I have to wipe the politics off my clothes.

The current long-term strategy of the United States is called 'low-intensity conflicts.' And weapons have been killing civilians for a very long time, regardless of who uses them.

Ask the Chaldeans how 'low-intensity' our long-term strategy has been for them.

You don't understand. Starting in 1959, the US and USSR simultaneously deployed nuclear weapons. ICBMs were going to rain down on our heads. I was there during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I heard President Kennedy on TV as he warned the Soviet Union about what would happen if they did certain things. In the Pentagon, the Joint Chiefs of Staff wanted war with the Russians. To take out our biggest enemy. There is still the threat of nuclear war today.

Low-intensity conflicts refers to country specific and regional military operations that are wars without the threat of using nuclear weapons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AlanK82's post:
  • Basil3HCm
(02-26-2021, 03:43 PM)AlanK82 Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 12:48 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Whew. I have to wipe the politics off my clothes.

The current long-term strategy of the United States is called 'low-intensity conflicts.' And weapons have been killing civilians for a very long time, regardless of who uses them.

You don't understand. Starting in 1959, the US and USSR simultaneously deployed nuclear weapons. ICBMs were going to rain down on our heads. I was there during the Cuban Missile Crisis. I heard President Kennedy on TV as he warned the Soviet Union about what would happen if they did certain things. In the Pentagon, the Joint Chiefs of Staff wanted war with the Russians. To take out our biggest enemy. There is still the threat of nuclear war today.

Low-intensity conflicts refers to country specific and regional military operations that are wars without the threat of using nuclear weapons.

I actually do understand. But the name and the strategy don't make our actions in the Middle East any better.
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 2 users Like Filiolus's post:
  • austenbosten, Basil3HCm
(02-26-2021, 05:16 PM)Filiolus Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 03:43 PM)AlanK82 Wrote:

I actually do understand. But the name and the strategy don't make our actions in the Middle East any better.

Look how long US troops have been in Afghanistan. The Russians tried to move in but that didn't work. There will be wars and rumors of wars, and the Middle East has seen nothing but conflict for decades. If you don't like the US then just say so. If you have a better plan then post it.
  • Basil3HCm
(02-26-2021, 12:34 PM)Filiolus Wrote: If you don't see the difference between what Trump did in the middle east vs. what every other president did there, you are willfully blind.

Yes, while Trump did do aggressive maneuvers (and I was against that then), he actually was drawing down from the Mid-East, as opposed to Biden who is now going to increase troop deployments in Iraq...Geee...you think that's gonna decrease the number of retaliation air-strikes?
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • antiquarian, Basil3HCm
This is who we are bombing apparently.

[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Basil3HCm
(02-26-2021, 06:10 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Look how long US troops have been in Afghanistan. The Russians tried to move in but that didn't work. There will be wars and rumors of wars, and the Middle East has seen nothing but conflict for decades.

Please tell me you don't think things are better in Iraq now than they were in 2000. If they're worse now, think about why that is.

Quote: If you don't like the US then just say so.

I love the US as much as Adam Wayne loved Notting Hill.
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filiolus's post:
  • Basil3HCm
(02-26-2021, 06:10 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: If you have a better plan then post it.

Yeah, it's called doing what the British and the Russians did...Pull Out!
  • Basil3HCm
Preach it brother!

>>WARNING STRONG LANGUAGE<<

• Basil3HCm
(02-26-2021, 11:24 PM)austenbosten Wrote:

I have a message for you from the Pentagon: The air strikes will continue. And there will be more air strikes until the other side capitulates.
  • Basil3HCm
(02-27-2021, 03:50 PM)AlanK82 Wrote:
(02-26-2021, 11:24 PM)austenbosten Wrote:

I have a message for you from the Pentagon: The air strikes will continue. And there will be more air strikes until the other side capitulates.
Yeah look how well that worked in Vietnam.
  • Basil3HCm