Difficulty with the rosary
I don't think repraying decades reflects the standard advice on distractions, which is to gently come back to wherever we are in the prayer.  I think you are being scrupulous.  Distractions are almost inevitable.
ha! I do that too!, I repray Hail Marys, then after I’m done it feels like I completed a knotted rosary! Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Machabeus's post:
  • MacPasquale
(03-12-2021, 02:38 PM)Evangelium Wrote: I don't think repraying decades reflects the standard advice on distractions, which is to gently come back to wherever we are in the prayer.  I think you are being scrupulous.  Distractions are almost inevitable.
I know it's usually advised to keep on trucking, but if I actually went through with this advice alot of my prayer life would consist in just holding Rosary beads for fifteen or so minutes.

If it was a half decade here and there it would be one thing, but I'll come close to wasting five decades at time.
The booklet Praying the Rosary Without Distractions arrived from the Rosary Center in the mail this afternoon.  I look forward to using it to focus my meditations on the mysteries when I pray the rosary.

I recommend it to those troubled by distractions during the rosary.

You can purchase it here.
[-] The following 2 users Like Evangelium's post:
  • HailGilbert, Machabeus