Eating for diabetes and traditional Catholicism
Has anybody read any articles about this or have experience with it, specifically with eating well on days of abstinence and fasting?
Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum. Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructrus ventris tui Iesus. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus nunc et in hora mortis nostræ. Amen. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes salvii422's post:
  • Basil3HCm
Research GAPS diet. It might help you.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/fs3PxbrxSYL4/
[-] The following 1 user Likes TruthWhichIsChrist's post:
  • Basil3HCm
If I understand the Church's teaching, no one is required to do anything that would harm their health. This is why even healthy people should take the advice of their spiritual director or confessor before undertaking any severe penance.

Talk to a Priest, but I think you will find that you are dispensed from the regulations. 
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Basil3HCm, HailGilbert
(03-06-2021, 10:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: If I understand the Church's teaching, no one is required to do anything that would harm their health. This is why even healthy people should take the advice of their spiritual director or confessor before undertaking any severe penance.

Talk to a Priest, but I think you will find that you are dispensed from the regulations. 

As I am a Type One Diabetic, this would also apply to me -- if I'm not mistaken.
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G. K. Chesterton
[-] The following 1 user Likes HailGilbert's post:
  • Basil3HCm
(03-07-2021, 03:54 AM)HailGilbert Wrote: As I am a Type One Diabetic, this would also apply to me -- if I'm not mistaken.

I should think you are.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Basil3HCm
(03-07-2021, 03:54 AM)HailGilbert Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 10:32 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: If I understand the Church's teaching, no one is required to do anything that would harm their health. This is why even healthy people should take the advice of their spiritual director or confessor before undertaking any severe penance.

As I am a Type One Diabetic, this would also apply to me -- if I'm not mistaken.

Because of your condition, eating significantly less than normal could be very dangerous. Ask your pastor if you want an answer with authority, but I’d imagine you’re exempt from the fasting requirement.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Credidi Propter's post:
  • newenglandsun
(03-06-2021, 07:14 PM)salvii422 Wrote: Has anybody read any articles about this or have experience with it, specifically with eating well on days of abstinence and fasting?
My godmother explained to me last year that due to her allergies, she cannot forgo meat or protein. So she will generally eat fish and cheese throughout these fast periods but abstain from what she can.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.
[-] The following 2 users Like newenglandsun's post:
  • Basil3HCm, TruthWhichIsChrist
My son hasType 1. His priest informed him that he is not required to fast. It is imprtant for those with Type 1 to eat regularly scheduled meals. But he is required to abstain from meat when possible.

NO FASTING if you are Type 1.

My son's Exodus leader said, "Dont be a dum dum and use common sense." Lol