Brown Scapular/ Divine Mercy prayer question
Question 
Can you guys please shed some light on these two phrases, so I can understand what they mean? It almost comes across as something only a Priest+ should be allowed to say. I don’t even know how to interpret this:

Brown Scapular Morning Prayer:
“I offer Thee the Precious Blood of Jesus from all the altars throughout the world...”

Divine Mercy Chaplet:
Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ”

What does it mean to offer?
Thank you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Machabeus's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, XavierSem
The laity have a form of priesthood by virtue of their baptism. Thus, they can make offerings to God.
Yes, in the Bible, St. Peter the Apostle teaches us to go on making spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Offerings of the Precious Blood of Jesus, to the Eternal Father, in a spiritual - not sacramental - way, come under this. We can and should make many such offerings daily.

The Fatima Angel Prayer is also very similar: "Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore You profoundly, and I offer You the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifference with which He Himself is offended."

The Catechism of Trent explains to us, "Twofold Priesthood

But as Sacred Scripture describes a twofold priesthood, one internal and the other external, it will be necessary to have a distinct idea of each to enable pastors to explain the nature of the Priesthood now under discussion.

The Internal Priesthood

Regarding the internal priesthood, all the faithful are said to be priests, once they have been washed in the saving waters of Baptism. Especially is this name given to the just who have the Spirit of God, and who, by the help of divine grace, have been made living members of the great High-Priest, Jesus Christ; for, enlightened by faith which is inflamed by charity, they offer up spiritual sacrifices to God on the altar of their hearts. Among such sacrifices must be reckoned every good and virtuous action done for the glory of God.

Hence we read in the Apocalypse: Christ hath washed us from our sins. in his own blood and hath made us a kingdom, and priests to God and his Father. In like manner was it said by the Prince of the Apostles: Be you also as living stones built up, a spiritual house, a holy priesthood offering up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God by Jesus Christ; while the Apostle exhorts us to present our bodies a living sacrifice holy , pleasing unto God your reasonable service. And long before this David had said: A sacrifice to God is an afflicted spirit: a contrite and humble heart O God thou wilt not despise. All this clearly regards the internal priesthood.

The External Priesthood

The External Priesthood, on the contrary, does not pertain to the faithful at large, but only to certain men who have been ordained and consecrated to God by the lawful imposition of hands and by the solemn ceremonies of holy Church, and who are thereby devoted to a particular sacred ministry."

So laity also have a role to play in building up the Church, not of course by being "extaordinary ministers" or any such thing, but offering spiritual sacrifices.

I have a book called "Pilgrim's Guide to Paradise" where Our Lord has made many promises, with Church approval, to souls who "offer up" His Blood dialy.

""1. Those who offer themselves up with Me in union with My Wounds and Most Precious Blood to the Heavenly Father in reparation for the sins of the world, I'll lead, guide and comfort them with My Grace, so that they won't need the comfort of men.

2. Those who daily offer up to the Heavenly Father their work, sacrifices and prayers in union with My Most Precious Blood and My Wounds in reparation can be certain that their prayers and sacrifices are written in My Heart, and that a great grace from the Heavenly Father awaits them.

3. Those who offer up their suffering, prayers and sacrifices with My Most Precious Blood and My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, their happiness in eternity will be doubled, and from there they'll be able to convert many by their prayers ..."
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
[-] The following 2 users Like XavierSem's post:
  • jovan66102, Machabeus
(03-11-2021, 02:25 AM)XavierSem Wrote: Yes, in the Bible, St. Peter the Apostle teaches us to go on making spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Offerings of the Precious Blood of Jesus, to the Eternal Father, in a spiritual - not sacramental - way, come under this. We can and should make many such offerings daily.

The Fatima Angel Prayer is also very similar: "Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore You profoundly, and I offer You the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifference with which He Himself is offended."

The Catechism of Trent explains to us, "Twofold Priesthood

But as Sacred Scripture describes a twofold priesthood, one internal and the other external, it will be necessary to have a distinct idea of each to enable pastors to explain the nature of the Priesthood now under discussion.

The Internal Priesthood

Regarding the internal priesthood, all the faithful are said to be priests, once they have been washed in the saving waters of Baptism. Especially is this name given to the just who have the Spirit of God, and who, by the help of divine grace, have been made living members of the great High-Priest, Jesus Christ; for, enlightened by faith which is inflamed by charity, they offer up spiritual sacrifices to God on the altar of their hearts. Among such sacrifices must be reckoned every good and virtuous action done for the glory of God.

Hence we read in the Apocalypse: Christ hath washed us from our sins. in his own blood and hath made us a kingdom, and priests to God and his Father. In like manner was it said by the Prince of the Apostles: Be you also as living stones built up, a spiritual house, a holy priesthood offering up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God by Jesus Christ; while the Apostle exhorts us to present our bodies a living sacrifice holy , pleasing unto God your reasonable service. And long before this David had said: A sacrifice to God is an afflicted spirit: a contrite and humble heart O God thou wilt not despise. All this clearly regards the internal priesthood.

The External Priesthood

The External Priesthood, on the contrary, does not pertain to the faithful at large, but only to certain men who have been ordained and consecrated to God by the lawful imposition of hands and by the solemn ceremonies of holy Church, and who are thereby devoted to a particular sacred ministry."

So laity also have a role to play in building up the Church, not of course by being "extaordinary ministers" or any such thing, but offering spiritual sacrifices.

I have a book called "Pilgrim's Guide to Paradise" where Our Lord has made many promises, with Church approval, to souls who "offer up" His Blood dialy.

""1. Those who offer themselves up with Me in union with My Wounds and Most Precious Blood to the Heavenly Father in reparation for the sins of the world, I'll lead, guide and comfort them with My Grace, so that they won't need the comfort of men.

2. Those who daily offer up to the Heavenly Father their work, sacrifices and prayers in union with My Most Precious Blood and My Wounds in reparation can be certain that their prayers and sacrifices are written in My Heart, and that a great grace from the Heavenly Father awaits them.

3. Those who offer up their suffering, prayers and sacrifices with My Most Precious Blood and My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, their happiness in eternity will be doubled, and from there they'll be able to convert many by their prayers ..."

Thank you so much for your reply, I really *appreciate it.