"Priest exorcist warns public on the danger of patronizing horror films"
Some have posted their worries over 'horror' genre films. This article certainly give such worries a lot of credence:

Link to Original Article Page
Article Wrote:Priest exorcist warns public on the danger of patronizing horror films
by Leslie Ann Aquino

[Image: logo.png]

Warning to those who love watching horror films.

An exorcist priest said patronizing horror films or films that deal with magic and witchcraft is “dangerous” as this could lead to possible demonic possession.

In a Facebook post, Father Ronnie E. Ablong of the Diocese of Dumaguete cited the young woman he has been exorcising as an example.

“I have been exorcising a young woman for many weeks now. Thirty-nine demons have already been cast out. Five of these demons come from the movies the demoniac had watched. The names of the demons are either the primary or secondary characters of these movies,” he said.

“First, Valak ,from the movie The Nun (2018). Second, Esme (Cullen), from the movie Twilight (2008). Third, Sylvia Ganush, from the movie Drag Me to Hell (2009). Fourth, Diana Walter, from the movie Lights Out (2016). And fifth, Annabelle, from the movie, Annabelle (2019),” added Ablong.

[Image: 152365581_2955170364714784_8341825776388...e=606D8872]
[Image: 150047561_2955170431381444_6649554893205...e=606ADC8A]
[Image: 151507408_2955170468048107_2932536585469...e=606DC97B]
[Image: 154137930_2955170551381432_9102348675806...e=606D4851]
[Image: 154466854_2955170584714762_7941210180997...e=606C53F2]

He also issued this warning:”Please do not mention or pronounce their names because doing so will empower them or you will be harassed.”

Ablong said the case is still ongoing and that he made his post to warn the public.

“I’m making this post to warn everyone of the certain danger of patronizing horror films or films that deal with magic and witchcraft,” he said.

Ablong explained that no one is possessed overnight.

“Possession is the result of opening a lot of doors to the devil,” he said.

“These doors include occultism (divination, necromancy, magic, sorcery/witchcraft, etc.) and living a habitual life of mortal sin,” added Ablong.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

All War is Deception
Gen. Sun

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 5 users Like Zedta's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, Blind Horus, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, SeekerofChrist, TruthWhichIsChrist
I've never have liked horror films, they literally make me sick. Someone told me once it was because I had a weak mind. Whatever.

I agree about not repeating the names. I knew this woman once who every other word was the F word (I may have said this before), but anyway I finally got so sick of it I told her 'F___ is a demon in Hell and every time you say the name you make it stronger'. It worked.

She really is a good person only exposed to a filthy culture. I was dragged to the theater once by her future husband who insisted I must see The Matrix. She went too and the whole time was apprehensive. I totally felt for her. We have become so callous I dont think people realise it.
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Zedta
Most of what Hollywood makes these days, horror or not, is garbage.  Its been that way for years now.  I am curious, though.  Are these film writers naming their characters after real demons or are the demons taking the names of these characters?  The first possibility seems a bit scarier but is also consistent with the kind of "behind closed doors" evil that I've heard about Hollywood.  The second possibility suggests that the demons take new names as needed to further their evil work.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Zedta
(03-08-2021, 04:48 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: Are these film writers naming their characters after real demons or are the demons taking the names of these characters?

My guess is that a person opens herself up to evil and gives it a specific name, and a demon is thus given an opportunity to enter and occupy a specific identity that the person is already willing to relate to.

One soi-disant atheist I know revealed that she enjoys "Buffy" precisely because it promotes a kind of atheistic nihilism. So the enjoyment in that direction is real. It's not suspension of belief, it's a matter of indulging in a way of seeing which then becomes more habitual.
[-] The following 2 users Like TruthWhichIsChrist's post:
  • SeekerofChrist, Zedta
I like watching horror movies, especially ones where good overcomes evil. Movies like 'The Exorcist' and 'The Rite' are both about overcoming crises of faith and persevering over evil. Good stories.

Now these pro pagan and witchcraft movies are a different story. Movies that glorify evil and demean the Church should be avoided.
[-] The following 4 users Like jack89's post:
  • karl, SeekerofChrist, The Tax Collector, Zedta
I completely agree. I saw the Excorsist at age 12.

Cured me of horror..I thought I was going to die and go to hell.

My priest told me then to stay away from horror movies, as Jesus gives peace and these movies steal it.
[-] The following 2 users Like AnaCarolina1's post:
  • HailGilbert, Zedta
(03-08-2021, 07:32 PM)jack89 Wrote: I like watching horror movies, especially ones where good overcomes evil.  Movies like 'The Exorcist' and 'The Rite' are both about overcoming crises of faith and persevering over evil.  Good stories.

Now these pro pagan and witchcraft movies are a different story.  Movies that glorify evil and demean the Church should be avoided.

I agree, which is why I wouldn't say all horror films are bad.  But Hollywood mostly produces garbage these days.  But a classic like "The Exorcist" or more recent works like "The Rite" are great horror films with a strong focus on faith and the triumph of God over the Devil.  On a tangential note, I really hope that Mel Gibson's sequel to "The Passion of the Christ" finally happens.  Another excellent film, also made by Gibson, was "Apocalypto," as it showed what the pagan Amerindians of Central America were like before the arrival of the Spanish.  Not a bunch of peaceful, nature-loving proto-hippies but idolaters who sacrificed human beings to their demon-gods.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 5 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Bushum, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, jack89, karl, Zedta
I loved Apocalypto.  I don't consider it a horror film.

I have avoided horror films for years.  I feel that they glamorize evil.  I don't want to expose my soul to that.

For the same reason, I swore off gangster movies a long time ago.
[-] The following 2 users Like Evangelium's post:
  • HailGilbert, Zedta
(03-08-2021, 03:37 PM)Zedta Wrote: Some have posted their worries over 'horror' genre films. This article certainly give such worries a lot of credence:

Link to Original Article Page
Article Wrote:Priest exorcist warns public on the danger of patronizing horror films
by Leslie Ann Aquino

[Image: logo.png]

Warning to those who love watching horror films.

An exorcist priest said patronizing horror films or films that deal with magic and witchcraft is “dangerous” as this could lead to possible demonic possession.

In a Facebook post, Father Ronnie E. Ablong of the Diocese of Dumaguete cited the young woman he has been exorcising as an example.

“I have been exorcising a young woman for many weeks now. Thirty-nine demons have already been cast out. Five of these demons come from the movies the demoniac had watched. The names of the demons are either the primary or secondary characters of these movies,” he said.

“First, Valak ,from the movie The Nun (2018). Second, Esme (Cullen), from the movie Twilight (2008). Third, Sylvia Ganush, from the movie Drag Me to Hell (2009). Fourth, Diana Walter, from the movie Lights Out (2016). And fifth, Annabelle, from the movie, Annabelle (2019),” added Ablong.

[Image: 152365581_2955170364714784_8341825776388...e=606D8872]
[Image: 150047561_2955170431381444_6649554893205...e=606ADC8A]
[Image: 151507408_2955170468048107_2932536585469...e=606DC97B]
[Image: 154137930_2955170551381432_9102348675806...e=606D4851]
[Image: 154466854_2955170584714762_7941210180997...e=606C53F2]

He also issued this warning:”Please do not mention or pronounce their names because doing so will empower them or you will be harassed.”

Ablong said the case is still ongoing and that he made his post to warn the public.

“I’m making this post to warn everyone of the certain danger of patronizing horror films or films that deal with magic and witchcraft,” he said.

Ablong explained that no one is possessed overnight.

“Possession is the result of opening a lot of doors to the devil,” he said.

“These doors include occultism (divination, necromancy, magic, sorcery/witchcraft, etc.) and living a habitual life of mortal sin,” added Ablong.

Thank you for posting this, good read & informative.
[-] The following 2 users Like Machabeus's post:
  • HailGilbert, Zedta