Renowned Catholic writers and bloggers leaving the Church?
The austenbosten Wrote:No religion, no matter how false, or if the Truth, is impervious to assholes.

I've met assholes in the dissident NO (How dare you quote Scripture and Council..."Judge Not Least Ye Be Judged! )
I've met assholes in the Novus Ordo (oooh SSPX are schismatic heretics!)
I've met assholes in the neo-Traditional movement (How dare you say something nice about sedevacantists, only Fr Ripperger is right!)
I've met assholes in the SSPX (NO is bad, Sede is bad, FSSP are posers, only we good!)
I've met assholes in the alt-SSPX (I broke away because SSPX and Bishop Fellay is too wishy-washy...I speak the truth!)
I've met assholes in sedevacantism (All are false heretics! Only me and my 5 bros are the remnants of the true Church)

...and that's just the Western Catholic Church.

You've met more assholes than a proctologist.
[-] The following 4 users Like Evangelium's post:
  • austenbosten, IudicaMe, karl, PilgrimMichelangelo
(03-10-2021, 07:35 PM)Evangelium Wrote:
The austenbosten Wrote:No religion, no matter how false, or if the Truth, is impervious to assholes.

I've met assholes in the dissident NO (How dare you quote Scripture and Council..."Judge Not Least Ye Be Judged! )
I've met assholes in the Novus Ordo (oooh SSPX are schismatic heretics!)
I've met assholes in the neo-Traditional movement (How dare you say something nice about sedevacantists, only Fr Ripperger is right!)
I've met assholes in the SSPX (NO is bad, Sede is bad, FSSP are posers, only we good!)
I've met assholes in the alt-SSPX (I broke away because SSPX and Bishop Fellay is too wishy-washy...I speak the truth!)
I've met assholes in sedevacantism (All are false heretics! Only me and my 5 bros are the remnants of the true Church)

...and that's just the Western Catholic Church.

Youve met more assholes than a proctologist.

Hahahahaha!!!!
(03-10-2021, 03:00 PM)Adventus Wrote: No religion or religious community is immune from this. Try leaving the Orthodox Church? Or Mormon? You name it, people aren't going to happy about it.

Try leaving Islam.  I believe apostacy carries the death penalty.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bushum's post:
  • Adventus, austenbosten, karl, PilgrimMichelangelo
When I left Orthodoxy to return to Catholicism, a nice old lady from the parish called me to ask where I had been.  I just politely told her that I had found another church.  So it was painless for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Evangelium's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-10-2021, 11:12 PM)Evangelium Wrote: When I left Orthodoxy to return to Catholicism, a nice old lady from the parish called me to ask where I had been.  I just politely told her that I had found another church.  So it was painless for me.

Lucky! I had moved to a new town, and my entire circle of friends, and my employers, were people I met in the Parish.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten, PilgrimMichelangelo
(03-10-2021, 05:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: When I left Orthodoxy, most of my Orthodox friends quit speaking to me. Those few who continued to associate with me had no qualms about calling me a 'traitor' to my face because I had become a Catholic.  It made no difference that I was Byzantine Rite. As far as they were concerned, by becoming a Catholic I had become one of the hated 'Latins'.

For the sole purpose of re-enforcing their notion, you should have simply said "Imbrobi estis!"
"O Charles the Great, we beseech you to make that day arrive soon when society, re-established at its foundations, will cease asking liberty and order from the revolutions."
Prayer to Charlemagne the Great (de confirmatione cultus), by Dom Prosper Guéranger