A Priest’s Moral Analysis of Vaccines
(03-11-2021, 01:35 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 01:31 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: ...confidently asserting this thread involved clear copyright infringement is not the case. 

And yet you confidently assert that fair use would apply.  That could be a costly, costly mistake, when the alternative is to simply not copy/past text from entire articles but instead provide a link to said article.  Seems quite an easy option to avoid any and all allegations of copyright infringement, but then again, there's a reason why lawyers are always in business.

You're right, I was too confident in asserting that fair use would apply.  I think a good case can be made but the courts would eventually decide.  I do stand by my claim that using an entire work, including whole text-based articles, can fall under fair use doctrine and that I think a case could be made for that here.  However, you're also right we can best avoid any issues by not posting the text on the forum.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Priest’s Moral Analysis of Vaccines - by SeekerofChrist - 03-11-2021, 01:40 PM