A Priest’s Moral Analysis of Vaccines
(03-11-2021, 02:21 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(03-11-2021, 01:57 PM)SeekerofChrist Wrote: Moral theology isn't my area of expertise.  I can only say that most of the Catholic commentary I've seen on the vaccines is that at least the two that don't use aborted baby remains are morally licit.  I have safety concerns about all the vaccines, given how quickly they were developed, so I'm quite hesitant for that reason to get one.  I might be forced to, though, for school in the Fall.

Which two didn't use aborted baby remains?

My understanding is...
1. that some of the vaccines used aborted baby remains in their development,
2. and that some of the vaccines used aborted baby remains in their testing,
3. but that none of the vaccines used aborted baby remains in neither their development nor their testing.

Is there a vaccine that was brought to market without the use of aborted baby remains in either its development or its testing?

You might be right.  I'm not sure, since I've mostly shied away from getting one of these vaccines for safety reasons.  I didn't delve much into their actual moral permissiveness.  My understanding is two of them have a remote connection to abortion and one has a more direct link.  That's the extent of my actual knowledge.  I'm not eager to be what I think is essentially a guinea pig by taking one of these rushed development vaccines.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Priest’s Moral Analysis of Vaccines - by SeekerofChrist - 03-11-2021, 02:25 PM