A Question for Homeschoolers
This question was posted as a comment on a post of mine on Facebook. Any Ideas?

Quote:So this reminds me. . . Is there are Catholic, American civics/government course to be recommended? I bought a “Christian” based one, but it’s quite Protestant. I really want something Catholic (and up to date) but couldn’t find anything for our homeschool.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(03-11-2021, 04:22 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: This question was posted as a comment on a post of mine on Facebook. Any Ideas?

Quote:So this reminds me. . . Is there are Catholic, American civics/government course to be recommended? I bought a “Christian” based one, but it’s quite Protestant. I really want something Catholic (and up to date) but couldn’t find anything for our homeschool.

My 16 year old daughter is taking a Government class through Homeschool Connections (they are Catholic).  I also purchased a lifetime membership to Tom Woods Liberty Classroom.  My husband and I haven't had a chance to look through it all yet but have liked what we have seen so far.  I can ask what they use at our homeschool co-op.  I haven't had a child go through the class yet.
Thanks. Please do check around. 

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
So, is no one else teaching civics/government in their homeschooling?

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
(03-12-2021, 10:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: So, is no one else teaching civics/government in their homeschooling?

Sophia Press has a book to add to a Civics/Govt class to infuse the Catholic Faith Into it.  

https://www.comcenter.com/product/SOPH-826407/Infusing-the-Catholic-Faith-Civics-Teaching-Guide/?utm_campaign=bingad-shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bingad&utm_term=4586475316348275&utm_content=bingad-shopping-adgroup

I haven't found a specifically Catholic program yet.  I am still waiting to hear back from a few friends.  

https://cathyduffyreviews.com/

It is interesting that it doesn't seem like many Catholic publishers have made their way into this arena.  Unless I am just not finding it.  My husband works for a Catholic publisher and he was speaking to a teacher at a Catholic school and she told him they really need to come up with a Catholic social studies program.  She said her school would buy it in a minute.  There is a great need.  

My eldest daughter read the William Bennett - America: The Last Best Hope books and really liked them, but I think they are more of a history resource.  We read some of Plutarch's lives here to understand Civics.

I will keep looking Jovan!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatholicMamato5's post:
  • jovan66102