GUNZ
I would like to get my hands on an AK. I would also like a nice shotgun (double-barrel, side-by-side) and perhaps one of the Turkish Beretta 92 copies I'm seeing going for cheap. Not real impressed with the Beretta, so I don't feel like shelving out $700 for one.

If you want some good surplus there's a bunch of Cacarnos on sale, easy to find. I wouldn't mind again getting my hands on a Turkish Mauser. I love k98s.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
If money wasn't an issue I'd try to get one of the Polish WBP Foxs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Gondothlim 2's post:
  • austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(03-12-2021, 01:47 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I would like to get my hands on an AK.  ... If you want some good surplus there's a bunch of Cacarnos on sale, easy to find. 

If you're living in the US, the problem with foreign manufactured rifles is ammo availability.  Yes, there are a lot of AK's around, so there may still be opportunities to pick up ammo.  But why go AK when you can at least go AR? .223 ain't going anywhere soon, so that round should always be available (even at the current inflated prices, at least one can still pick some up).

And the Carcano?  The 6.5x52mm round is not what I would consider all that popular.  Even if you were in to reloading, brass is not plentiful. If you're buying it purely for pleasure, maybe.  Just don't expect to be shooting it too much now, or for the foreseeable future.

(03-12-2021, 01:47 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I would also like... perhaps one of the Turkish Beretta 92 copies I'm seeing going for cheap.  Not real impressed with the Beretta, so I don't feel like shelving out $700 for one.

You'll never be disappointed with a 92FS (or the M9 variant).  But I agree, the latest variations are steep in price, especially considering what Boston T. Party admonishes in his "Boston's Gun Bible" book: A pistol is nothing more than a tool one uses to fight their way back to their rifle which they should have never left behind in the first place.  Grin.

Probably not right now, but not too long ago used 92FS' and M9's could be had for ~$400.  Heckuva deal.  I'm also a fan of the S&W 5906 models.  Solid little handgun made entirely of stainless steel.  In the past few years, a lot of them had been on the market as police trade-ins. For ~$350, another heckuva deal.  Sadly, those too seem to have dried up, or.... are now costing A LOT more.

(03-12-2021, 01:47 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I wouldn't mind again getting my hands on a Turkish Mauser.  I love k98s.

The Turks didn't seem to have taken very well care of their rifles, at least in comparison to some other countries.  If you're looking for a good k98 variant, the Czech VZ-24 and/or Yugo M48 are generally in much better condition than the Turk equivalent.  Also, Steyr made some real good large-ring Mausers for the Chileans (the M1912 Steyer... but in 7mm Mauser), and maybe another country or two. 

One of the rifles I lost in a tragic boating accident was a 1941 BYF k98 Russian-capture German Mauser that didn't have its stampings peened out.  Wish I still had that little gem.  Grin.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • austenbosten, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(03-12-2021, 03:13 PM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 01:47 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I would like to get my hands on an AK.  ... If you want some good surplus there's a bunch of Cacarnos on sale, easy to find. 

If you're living in the US, the problem with foreign manufactured rifles is ammo availability.  Yes, there are a lot of AK's around, so there may still be opportunities to pick up ammo.  But why go AK when you can at least go AR? .223 ain't going anywhere soon, so that round should always be available (even at the current inflated prices, at least one can still pick some up).

Ammo is actually more available and affordable for AK's 7.62x39mm than anything 5.56/.223.  I am not paying $1 round for .223.  No freaking way!

I also mentioned that I may or may not already own a rifle in .223 caliber.

(03-12-2021, 01:47 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I would also like... perhaps one of the Turkish Beretta 92 copies I'm seeing going for cheap.  Not real impressed with the Beretta, so I don't feel like shelving out $700 for one.

You'll never be disappointed with a 92FS (or the M9 variant).  But I agree, the latest variations are steep in price, especially considering what Boston T. Party admonishes in his "Boston's Gun Bible" book: A pistol is nothing more than a tool one uses to fight their way back to their rifle which they should have never left behind in the first place.  Grin.

Probably not right now, but not too long ago used 92FS' and M9's could be had for ~$400.  Heckuva deal.  I'm also a fan of the S&W 5906 models.  Solid little handgun made entirely of stainless steel.  In the past few years, a lot of them had been on the market as police trade-ins. For ~$350, another heckuva deal.  Sadly, those too seem to have dried up, or.... are now costing A LOT more.

I actually don't really like the 92, I know it's a highly popular pistol but I hate the slack on the trigger and not a fan of the slide safety that always comes on when pulling the slide back like most pistols instead of the "Beretta" method.

Hence why I am curious of picking up a Turkish copy, since the Brazilian Taurus ones are now just as pricey as an actual Beretta.

In reality I need a CCW, so it's gonna be a either a SW Shield (because I love the feel of it) or a Springfield Armory whatever its called because I'm cheap.

(03-12-2021, 01:47 PM)austenbosten Wrote: I wouldn't mind again getting my hands on a Turkish Mauser.  I love k98s.

The Turks didn't seem to have taken very well care of their rifles, at least in comparison to some other countries.  If you're looking for a good k98 variant, the Czech VZ-24 and/or Yugo M48 are generally in much better condition than the Turk equivalent.  Also, Steyr made some real good large-ring Mausers for the Chileans (the M1912 Steyer... but in 7mm Mauser), and maybe another country or two. 

One of the rifles I lost in a tragic boating accident was a 1941 BYF k98 Russian-capture German Mauser that didn't have its stampings peened out.  Wish I still had that little gem.  Grin.

You snazi! 

Yeah the Czechs and Yugos are nice, but can they be had anymore at an affordable price?
(03-12-2021, 07:40 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Ammo is actually more available and affordable for AK's 7.62x39mm than anything 5.56/.223.  I am not paying $1 round for .223.  No freaking way!

I also mentioned that I may or may not already own a rifle in .223 caliber.

Around here, 7.62x39 is still somewhat available, but at about 75 cents per round.  That's about on par for what .223 is going for.

(03-12-2021, 07:40 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Yeah the Czechs and Yugos are nice, but can they be had anymore at an affordable price?

That I don't know, but even (sporterized) Turkish Mausers are going for $550 around here (asking price).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bonaventure's post:
  • austenbosten
I own a few off the top of my head they are either bolts, singles, pumps, or levers... (338-06, 30-06, 7mm, 7mm mag, 12G Shotgun, .22, 308 there's more but that's off the top of my head).

My favorite is the 7mm mag this gun is incredibly accurate and I have my loads dialed in perfectly. I have the 338-06 for fun and you can either resize a 30-06 casing or buy stamped brass but the stamped brass are expensive. I have my reloading station setup downstairs I reload all of my calibers except the shotgun.

I grew up hunting and fishing. These were all big family affairs and I have some great memories.
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 2 users Like SeeTheLight's post:
  • austenbosten, Bonaventure
Lucky, I never owned a gun. I did go shooting once and instructor said I had a good group. At this point, I'd be willing to take a musket. I only have melee weapons. What is the cheapest possible firearm in existence?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. Cowboy's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-12-2021, 11:34 PM)Mr. Cowboy Wrote: Lucky, I never owned a gun. I did go shooting once and instructor said I had a good group. At this point, I'd be willing to take a musket. I only have melee weapons. What is the cheapest possible firearm in existence?
You want a long rifle or a pistol?
Both. I am also looking at shotguns.

Sadly, I don't have a license in my country. It will take me a year if I start trying to get one.

Edit: Say, if it interests you, I know a Bitchute channel on military tactics. It is extremely good, that is why I stick around as it may be helpful. He also posts commentaries on politics and I avoid those.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. Cowboy's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-13-2021, 12:01 AM)Mr. Cowboy Wrote: Both. I am also looking at shotguns.

Sadly, I don't have a license in my country. It will take me a year if I start trying to get one.

Say, if it interests you, I know a Bitchute channel on military tactics. It is extremely good, that is why I stick around as it may be helpful. He also posts commentaries on politics and I avoid those.
Hmmm I thought you were in the US. I can't really say what would be the cheapest there, but in the US, the Hi-Point is probably the best pistol you can get. It's ugly as sin, but they are American-made, come in several different calibers and they carry a lifetime warranty that is transferable on sale. No weapon has that kinda deal. I plan on buying one just to support the company alone. It also happens to be one of the cheapest pistols you can buy.

Long guns, you might want to look at an antique and as for shotguns there are Turkish imports that are nice and cheap. Again this is in the US so it might be different in your country.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Mr. Cowboy