GUNZ
(03-13-2021, 03:04 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 02:49 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: Ammunition manufacturer may be a good start-up now days.

Primers are the problem right now.  It's dangerous to manufacture the kind that are both reliable and not corrosive.  It also requires approval from BATFE and probably some other alphabet soups.

But you might be right about your sister's ammo price theory.  One conspiracy theory floating around is that leftist billionaires are buying up all the primers...  I'm not sure I buy that (yet), but if the shortage continues indefinitely, it'd be something to investigate.

It's not the liberals driving the prices up.  It's the fanatical 2A people who horde ammo for the coming boogaloo as well as the fact the Police are worse than useless.  Thanks to BLM riots peaceful protests...normie American is freaking out and running to the gun store to buy up AR15s and 9mm and all the bleeping ammo they can.  The boogaloo boys are hording ammo for the coming civil war that's never going to happen because they are too chicken-sh*t to actually back up their words with actions.

This has been a problem since the Obama administration.  "Er mer gerd, dey gunna cum take da gunz!" and 300lb Billy bob is rushing out to WalMart and Cabela's on his scooter to buy up all the 9mm and .223 ammo. 

It's not the supply that's the problem but the demand.  People have no faith in the government to protect them so they are buying and the boogaloos are hoarding and hodling.  All the first-time gun buying at all-time highs points to this conclusion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • SeeTheLight
(03-13-2021, 03:37 PM)austenbosten Wrote: People have no faith in the government to protect them so they are buying and the boogaloos are hoarding and hodling.

Seeing BLM shut down roads only a few miles away from my house, while the same organization was burning down cities across America, was enough to convince me of the wisdom of keeping a little extra of everything on hand...
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-13-2021, 03:37 PM)austenbosten Wrote: ... so they are buying and the boogaloos are hoarding and hodling.  All the first-time gun buying at all-time highs points to this conclusion.

I'd say the truth is in the middle someplace.  It usually is.

First-time gun buyers are at all-time highs, therefore the prices are going up because the boogaloos are hoarding.  Illogical.  I work in a very blue city where my anti-gun coworkers have all (yes, all) proudly announced that they are new gun owners.  A 9mm pistol, a .22 rifle, and a shotgun are typical entry-level purchases.  They all want ammo and will pay, whatever, for a few boxes of each.  NYT estimated around 5-million new gun owners.  If they all buy just one box of 20-rounds of ammo each - do the math.  Yes, the boogaloos are still buying cases of ammo.  But they were doing that four years ago.  Add to that all the new gun owners....

My liberal coworkers point to the specter of right-wing militias rising up to kill them in their sleep because of the Capitol Riot and Michigan governor death threats.  People out where I live who are also tightening up their preps point to antifa and BLM mobs who want to kill off all the boomers and white people.  And Uncle Joe has come right out and said he's coming for our guns.  No wonder everyone is in a tizzy over guns.  What do you suppose will really happen?
(03-20-2021, 02:51 PM)Matas Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 03:37 PM)austenbosten Wrote: ... so they are buying and the boogaloos are hoarding and hodling.  All the first-time gun buying at all-time highs points to this conclusion.

I'd say the truth is in the middle someplace.  It usually is.

First-time gun buyers are at all-time highs, therefore the prices are going up because the boogaloos are hoarding.  Illogical.  I work in a very blue city where my anti-gun coworkers have all (yes, all) proudly announced that they are new gun owners.  A 9mm pistol, a .22 rifle, and a shotgun are typical entry-level purchases.  They all want ammo and will pay, whatever, for a few boxes of each.  NYT estimated around 5-million new gun owners.  If they all buy just one box of 20-rounds of ammo each - do the math.  Yes, the boogaloos are still buying cases of ammo.  But they were doing that four years ago.  Add to that all the new gun owners....

My liberal coworkers point to the specter of right-wing militias rising up to kill them in their sleep because of the Capitol Riot and Michigan governor death threats.  People out where I live who are also tightening up their preps point to antifa and BLM mobs who want to kill off all the boomers and white people.  And Uncle Joe has come right out and said he's coming for our guns.  No wonder everyone is in a tizzy over guns.  What do you suppose will really happen?

You just said what I said.

Liberals are not the only 1st-time buyers as a lot of normie conservatives are. The US government is collapsing and people are crapping their pants.

I never said anything to dispel 1st-time buyers. I'm saying they and the boogaloo hoarders are the reason we have scarcity. All this hoarding and the reality is many of them if not most of them will simply sit on their fat asses with their guns and ammo. If you are going to buy the guns and ammo to start a civil war then effing use it or stop buying up everything because you live in a fantasy world.

Hell .22LR is now getting freaking scarce now. Some of us actually want to shoot, it makes no damn sense to buy an AR15 and 300rds of ammo and just sit on the damn thing and a lot of people are doing that.
(03-20-2021, 03:16 PM)austenbosten Wrote: You just said what I said.

Oh... OK.  Glad you didn't think I was accusing you of being dumb.  Compared to all the "gun scares" of the past twenty years, I'd say THIS one is different.  It's epic.  And though I am watching these events play themselves out with some degree of interest, I don't feel worried.  

It's the old "gun guys" that rub me the wrong way.  The Fuddly ammo hoarders.  The fat asses that didn't shower before wedging hapless people between them at a gun show.  The annoying "range rat" swiping your brass when you go downrange to check your targets.  The old farts that were inspired by "Red Dawn" back in the 80's and think they're still gonna "get into the fight" when the SHTF.  It's going to be a pretty bad day for them when they get out of breath hauling their "bench rest gear" down to the fight so that they can hit anything (that isn't moving).  I should pray for all these guys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Matas's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-20-2021, 04:14 PM)Matas Wrote:
(03-20-2021, 03:16 PM)austenbosten Wrote: You just said what I said.

Oh... OK.  Glad you didn't think I was accusing you of being dumb.  Compared to all the "gun scares" of the past twenty years, I'd say THIS one is different.  It's epic.  And though I am watching these events play themselves out with some degree of interest, I don't feel worried.  

I'm not worried as much as annoyed. I like to shoot and I cannot without painfully conserving ammo or paying usurious prices for ammo.

(03-20-2021, 04:14 PM)Matas Wrote: It's the old "gun guys" that rub me the wrong way.  The Fuddly ammo hoarders.  The fat asses that didn't shower before wedging hapless people between them at a gun show. 

Yep, I ain't no Fudd. They are the ones that buy up ammo and hoard surplus arms and is the reason nobody can get into the hobby (kinda like car collecting) where ---I'm sorry to pick on people--- "Boomers" overprice everything because the '57 Chevy or M1 Garand isn't a car or gun that should be driven or shot, but should only be at car shows and gun shows and if someone wants to buy it then overprice it to make "a profit" because a hobby isn't an expense but some sort of business venture.

(03-20-2021, 04:14 PM)Matas Wrote: The annoying "range rat" swiping your brass when you go downrange to check your targets.  The old farts that were inspired by "Red Dawn" back in the 80's and think they're still gonna "get into the fight" when the SHTF.  It's going to be a pretty bad day for them when they get out of breath hauling their "bench rest gear" down to the fight so that they can hit anything (that isn't moving).  I should pray for all these guys.

Yes that's annoying but the youngin's also can be just as insufferable. The "Range Ninjas" who show up to the range in full tactical gear and start doing jerk-off tactical exercises like they are training for the effing Spetsnaz but basically these effers only have served tours of duty in Call of Duty and are liable to blow someone's head off.
Tons of 'deals' here:

https://www.sgammo.com/ammo-arrivals
Not a moment too soon. I was running low on .50 BMG API-T rounds
[-] The following 2 users Like ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • austenbosten, Bonaventure
(03-22-2021, 03:43 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: Tons of 'deals' here:

https://www.sgammo.com/ammo-arrivals

LOL .40 S&W @ $2.00/round!!

I found .357 mag at a local shop today. It was 'only' $0.60/round... considering I've been seeing it for anywhere from $1.50-$2.00/round, I took advantage. 

Right now I can only find one shop in my region with .40, though, and they have a 1 box limit. A few months ago .40 was easier to find than 9mm, but that is no longer the case, as I'm starting to see 9mm around. Hopefully that's a sign that production is catching up to demand.
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filiolus's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-22-2021, 04:10 PM)Filiolus Wrote: A few months ago .40 was easier to find than 9mm, but that is no longer the case, as I'm starting to see 9mm around. Hopefully that's a sign that production is catching up to demand.

Not in these parts. Shelves still be bare.

[Image: Dealz.jpg]