GUNZ
(03-23-2021, 05:54 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: ^--- I'd normally laugh but, once again, it's the taxpayer who ultimately foots the bill.

Not really because the government hasn't tried to balance a budget in decades.
(03-23-2021, 05:54 PM)Bonaventure Wrote: ^--- I'd normally laugh but, once again, it's the taxpayer who ultimately foots the bill.

I'm sure there's a budget. Every $200 this PD spends on a fine BoomStick1776 is $200 that they can't spend on a gun that should remain in the hands of a free America.
(03-23-2021, 06:03 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Not really because the government hasn't tried to balance a budget in decades.

(03-23-2021, 07:12 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: I'm sure there's a budget.  Every $200 this PD spends on a fine BoomStick1776 is $200 that they can't spend on a gun that should remain in the hands of a free America.

At the end of the day, money still comes from Johnny Taxpayer (in this case, most likely through property taxes as that's where local PD gets the bulk of their funding).  It's not like these PD's have money printing machines going "Brrr...."
(03-24-2021, 09:22 AM)Bonaventure Wrote:
(03-23-2021, 06:03 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Not really because the government hasn't tried to balance a budget in decades.

(03-23-2021, 07:12 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: I'm sure there's a budget.  Every $200 this PD spends on a fine BoomStick1776 is $200 that they can't spend on a gun that should remain in the hands of a free America.

At the end of the day, money still comes from Johnny Taxpayer (in this case, most likely through property taxes as that's where local PD gets the bulk of their funding).  It's not like these PD's have money printing machines going "Brrr...."

Not necessarily but I don't want to keep arguing over something silly like taxes. Unlikely this was paid for with taxes but was likely due to a surplus of having closed the parks for a year due to coronavirus.
(03-24-2021, 09:35 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 09:22 AM)Bonaventure Wrote:

Not necessarily but I don't want to keep arguing over something silly like taxes.  Unlikely this was paid for with taxes but was likely due to a surplus of having closed the parks for a year due to coronavirus.

It just comes out of their tank and APC budget.
(03-24-2021, 09:42 AM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 09:35 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 09:22 AM)Bonaventure Wrote: At the end of the day, money still comes from Johnny Taxpayer (in this case, most likely through property taxes as that's where local PD gets the bulk of their funding).  It's not like these PD's have money printing machines going "Brrr...."

Not necessarily but I don't want to keep arguing over something silly like taxes.  Unlikely this was paid for with taxes but was likely due to a surplus of having closed the parks for a year due to coronavirus.

It just comes out of their tank and APC budget.

Hahahaha!

Quite true!
I did make it to the range yesterday... thought I'd provide a range report.

Dusted off my match AR; re-zeroed it for the upcoming match season.

Got her dialed in quite well... here's a five-shot group (dropped one into the 9-ring, though... mea culpa).

Not too bad for 100 yds, irons and my aging eyes.

[Image: RR1.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Bonaventure's post:
  • Catherine, Filiolus
Nice grouping!

If my son ever gets the @%#$ out of the hospital, I can finally look at getting out to the range and try my untested AR15.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • Bonaventure
(03-24-2021, 06:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: If my son ever gets the @%#$ out of the hospital,

He's in my prayers every night.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-24-2021, 07:35 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(03-24-2021, 06:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: If my son ever gets the @%#$ out of the hospital,

He's in my prayers every night.

Thanks Jovan! He's doing great, we just gotta get him eating on his own completely before they discharge him. I'm grateful for your prayers...just it's hard living out of a room (because of covid we are locked in it) for 3 months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident