The Vatican restricts Traditional Latin Mass and suppresses private Masses at St. Pet
(03-13-2021, 10:41 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(03-13-2021, 06:19 AM)newenglandsun Wrote: Could someone explain what the alarm is about? Do we want more private Masses in accordance with the rite of St. Gregory the Great or do we want more Masses of this rite with the active participation of the laity? Aside from all of the "spirit of Vatican II" heretical nonsense, the active participation of the laity in Mass was something that was actually sound.
Strongly disagree.  Lay participation is the reason the NO Mass sucks.  I don't want to see old Boomers in their slacks and polos and pantsuits usurping the role traditionally reserved for the priest.

It's gay, there I said it.  It's extremely gay to hear Dan Schutte music and watch a bunch of old farts shuffle around and do the hand gestures and treat the Mass like a Protestant tent-revival while the priest sits off to the side like a jerk. It's gay and it sucks!

I agree.  If they really wanted verbal lay participation in the Mass, then very careful translations of the TLM into vernacular languages, with the laity giving responses at certain points, would have sufficed.  Basically, a few "amens" and "and with your spirit" for the laity to say.  But that's not what they really wanted.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Vatican restricts Traditional Latin Mass and suppresses private Masses at St. Pet - by SeekerofChrist - 03-13-2021, 10:50 AM