The Vatican restricts Traditional Latin Mass and suppresses private Masses at St. Pet
(03-13-2021, 10:57 AM)TruthWhichIsChrist Wrote: https://gloria.tv/post/6YkGom21J7xX1vREirawzNE72

Quote:All Masses in St Peter’s basilica will have to be New Rite concelebrations "animated" by "readers" and "singers."

This is consistent with Orthodox liturgy. In Orthodoxy, a priest may not celebrate liturgy by himself. There must be at least one singer.

But in Catholicism, priests have, for centuries, offered a mass by themselves--or anyone nearby could kneel if they wanted--as part of the morning prayer routine. I don't know how true this is but: it seems to me that one reason priests do it today is that it's a way to have a more beautiful prayer routine in the morning. If I were a priest I would surely do my morning mass in the older rite, because it's just so much more beautiful and thorough.

This isn't about ecumenism with Eastern Orthodoxy, as much as it's all about Vatican 2 and the need to keep the stupid NO relevant. It's no different than the corporations trying to tell us how cool Joe Biden is and how wokism is cool...it's not! None of them are!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Vatican restricts Traditional Latin Mass and suppresses private Masses at St. Pet - by austenbosten - 03-13-2021, 11:01 AM