The Vatican restricts Traditional Latin Mass and suppresses private Masses at St. Pet
(03-13-2021, 12:03 PM)ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident Wrote: CM interviewed at least one person who doesn't think the decree is valid, anyway:

https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...ate-masses
As soon as I read, from the 2nd paragraph of the article, "The unsigned order...", my first thought was "how can it be valid without a signature?"   Paragraph 7, "A top Rome-based canonist questioned the validity of the document: "If the author cannot be identified, the decree is invalid because it is lacking an essential element of a juridical act."  "Then the article, in the 8th paragraph says, "The text is signed by an unidentifiable, unnamed individual,..."  

And I'm not even a lawyer, let alone a canon lawyer!

I wonder what would happen if those priests wanting to celebrate a private Latin Mass in the various side altars of St. Peter's just carried on as if no "decree" had been issued?  After all, the very validity of the decree is highly questionable.
"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Vatican restricts Traditional Latin Mass and suppresses private Masses at St. Pet - by J Michael - 03-13-2021, 01:03 PM