The Vatican restricts Traditional Latin Mass and suppresses private Masses at St. Pet
(03-18-2021, 09:48 PM)Jerry Towns Wrote: I'd be willing to bet that there have been at least 30 fake private Masses
being offered by charlatans, heretics and nutjobs
per annum
hence suppressed
gather a crowd, begin
who's going to stop you?
I'm not so sure. As I understand it, a Priest doesn't just gather a crowd and begin. If a Priest wants to celebrate Mass in St Peter's (or indeed, any Church outside his own Diocese) he must ask permission and present his credentials to prove he is a Priest in good standin.

No, this is about the whole 'private Masses are bad' mindset, despite the fact that Vatican II itself said, in Sacrosanctum Concilium:

Quote:2. Nevertheless, each priest shall always retain his right to celebrate Mass individually, ....
But, rights schmights if the 'right' violates the Spirit of Vatican II.

Also, from what I've read, they want full 'lay participation' in the concelebrations, i.e. readers
and cantors. So, unless there is a group of Priests who all speak the same language and have a congregation with them to supply the 'lay participation', the individual Priest will be forced to 'concelebrate' in a language he doesn't know. 
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • J Michael