Does the Church have the power to give the blessing to unions of...the same sex?
(03-17-2021, 12:29 PM)DNJC.org Wrote: We have a DUTY to clearly and emphatically oppose the recognition and status of the homosexual unions.  
There is a list of Catholic Church leaders who have said positive things about same sex relationships at:
https://www.newwaysministry.org/issues/m...s-support/
Quote:Austenbosten:

Look you won't find a bitter critic of Francis than me...for crying out loud I'm in some ways a quasi-sedevacantist here, but you are being upset for the sake of being upset.  The Church spoke on the matter and it upheld the teaching of the Church...you are trying to find a problem where there isn't one because the CDF didn't speak in a "harsher" tone...but this is the same Vatican of Vatican 2...why would you expect a harsh tone?

You are running around calling people fools because a good thing happened.  

Is it a good thing the CDF didn't answer the dubium in the positive?  Of course.  You might have seen a schism if they had.  

Is there anything in the responsum or specifically the explanatory note that is a deviation from the liberalization that has been taking place?  The answer is no.  In the context of the reaction of some and their commentary I would have expected something completely different.  The jubilation and gloating seem misplaced, and yes, foolish.

This isn't the Pope freewheeling off the cuff with a reporter.  This is now an issuance from the CDF.  

It's been heading this way for a couple of years, I wouldn't have expected anything different or a harsher tone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DNJC.org's post:
  • austenbosten
(03-18-2021, 12:48 AM)AlNg777 Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 12:29 PM)DNJC.org Wrote: We have a DUTY to clearly and emphatically oppose the recognition and status of the homosexual unions.  
There is a list of Catholic Church leaders who have said positive things about same sex relationships at:
https://www.newwaysministry.org/issues/m...s-support/

O how far have we come since St Peter Damian.  

Quote:Why, I ask, O damnable sodomites, do you seek after the height of ecclesiastical dignity with such burning ambition? Why do you seek with such longing to snare the people of God in the web of your perdition? Does it not suffice for you that you cast your very selves off the high precipice of villainy, unless you also involve others in the danger of your fall?
  • AlNg777
(03-18-2021, 07:21 AM)DNJC.org Wrote: Is there anything in the responsum or specifically the explanatory note that is a deviation from the liberalization that has been taking place?  The answer is no.  In the context of the reaction of some and their commentary I would have expected something completely different.  The jubilation and gloating seem misplaced, and yes, foolish.

Well it just shows the utter pitiful state the Church is in that yes, people are celebratory for the CDF doing its job.

I'm noticing online that while Vatican 2 critics are more joyful, the critics for the "tone" and "language" also happen to be staunch Vatican 2 defenders which really makes me scratch my head as to how they are upset by the CDFs recent statement that is weak on condoning the evils of sodomy, but is perfect okay with the Nosta Atatae statement on Muslims about them "worshipping the same God."

Idk why they can't put on their Mormon glasses and read the CDF like they do Vatican 2.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • antiquarian, DNJC.org
(03-18-2021, 09:52 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Well it just shows the utter pitiful state the Church is in that yes, people are celebratory for the CDF doing its job.

Very true.  If not for Divine Providence the Church would have fallen centuries ago.
  • austenbosten
[Image: quote-the-catholic-church-is-an-institut...-53-54.jpg]
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten, PilgrimMichelangelo, SeekerofChrist