St. Joseph's Feast Day
What are y'all doing for St. Joseph today? Our FSSP parish is having Mass followed by a cookout tonight, and we had doughnuts at my workplace. Odd to do it on a Friday during Lent, but I'm not complaining!
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 2 users Like Filiolus's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, CatholicMamato5
Many people are having St
 Joseph Altars filled to the brim with food
We are having a big feast tonight with tons of Italian food!
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
I drove a bit over an hour south today and went to Mass at St. Mary's in Providence with my girls.  Then we stopped at the St. Therese shrine in Burrillville, RI and walked the outside stations.  Not sure what we are going to do tonight!  Probably watch a movie and have something for dessert.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatholicMamato5's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
I told my mother that today is not a day of abstinence, but she is making fish for dinner anyway.  So I'm not sure she believed me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Evangelium's post:
  • CatholicMamato5
(03-19-2021, 05:19 PM)Evangelium Wrote: I told my mother that today is not a day of abstinence, but she is making fish for dinner anyway.  So I'm not sure she believed me.

A traditional Sicilian St Joseph's Feast dish is Pasta Con le Sarde (Sicilian Pasta With Sardines). When I lived in an Italian (mostly Sicilian) neighbourhood in Kansas City, the local grocery had a floor stack of canned sardine sauce before Festa di San Giuseppe.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
Wonderful party after Mass and St. Joseph devotions. We had a beautiful St. Joseph table, and the cookout was well attended. Many new faces (we're also relatively new) due to mass migration from the coasts. More kids than adults!
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filiolus's post:
  • AnaCarolina1
Still no St. Joseph's table (or even doughnuts) allowed downstairs after Mass, so I made cannelloni with pumpkin and ricotta + homemade Italian "French bread."  The pollock in butter & garlic sauce (non-dairy for my oldest) was just so-so, but everyone else seemed to like it.  I forgot to wear red 'cause I still had on my St. Pat's green.  Call it "pesto green."
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ambrosiano's post:
  • AnaCarolina1