Book Recommendations ?
I'm looking for books that cover in depth the first 3 centuries of Christianity, basically from the Book of Acts to Constantine. Hopefully I can get a few titles in case anything is hard to get. Thank you.
Father John Laux "Church History" is a good place to start. It has a number of chapters devoted to this time, and then carries on to the middle of the 20th Century. It is written specifically for students or interested, amateur adults.
"O Charles the Great, we beseech you to make that day arrive soon when society, re-established at its foundations, will cease asking liberty and order from the revolutions."
Prayer to Charlemagne the Great (de confirmatione cultus), by Dom Prosper Guéranger
[-] The following 4 users Like IudicaMe's post:
  • ActusFidei313, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Eric F, karl
Well, a classic text would be Eusebius's Church History.  It isn't written as a modern historical critical text, so if that's what you're looking for, then this probably won't be helpful to you.  Some within the Church have also criticized it for being too favorable to Constantine.  I, however, own a copy of it and have benefited from reading it.  You might also look to make use of this as part of your study: Ecclesiastical History.
"For the true friends of the people are neither revolutionaries nor innovators, but traditionalists."
- Pope St. Pius X

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables."
- 2 Timothy 4:3-4

"Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity."
- 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12
[-] The following 2 users Like SeekerofChrist's post:
  • Eric F, IudicaMe
I realize he's not a Catholic author but Henry Chadwick's The Penguin History of the Church: The Early Church might interest you.  Some of the reviews (no, I haven't read it, but hope to one day) characterize it as dense or dry but very good overall.  It costs nothing to check it out.  Speaking of "checking it out", your library may even have a copy :-) .
"I'm an old man now and have had a great many problems.  Most of them never happened."~ Mark Twain

"Compassion and justice in one soul are as a man adoring God and idols in one house." -St. Isaac of Syria

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • Eric F
If you can't find that book
may I suggest Moby Dick
My library system has The History Of The Church From Christ To Constantine by Eusebius, which sounds pretty good. I'm particularly interested in the Roman persecutions, catacombs, etc. Thanks.
Jaroslav Pelikan, The Christian Tradition, is very well sourced.
https://historyofnewengland.blogspot.com/?m=1
"This guy gets it." Fan mail I've received.