Chewing Tobacco
I recently chewed some tobacco for the first the other day and noticed a sort of buzz. Is this normal? Is it sinful?
I don't know. But it can hardly be recommended. It seems bad for your mouth and teeth. Also it is a waste of money.
(03-25-2021, 12:23 PM)clayman03 Wrote: I recently chewed some tobacco for the first the other day and noticed a sort of buzz. Is this normal? Is it sinful?

It is not sinful.  Dependence might be.
I hope not lol, I'd be in trouble.
(03-25-2021, 12:23 PM)clayman03 Wrote: I recently chewed some tobacco for the first the other day and noticed a sort of buzz. Is this normal? Is it sinful?

Aside from the health risks, you risk the misfortune of attempting to chug a cold drink only to find it was a spit can.  Yeah...not a pretty thought.  I'd kick the habit now...

I dipped Copenhagen for 15 years.  Buzz?  Heck yeah, it'll give you a buzz!  It's no more sinful than drinking coffee or wine, or a jelly doughnut. 

Sin doesn't reside in a product, sin resides in the Man's use of the product.  

Moderate consumption of wine, or the habitual coffee in the morning, or the occasional jelly doughnut isn't sinful.  Constant intoxication, reliance on caffeine to get you through the day or binging on jelly doughnuts, however is gluttony and is sinful.

Having said that, there's a reason I quit dipping Cope.
Thank you for the responses.
No. Pius IX. Leo XIII, St. Pius X, Pius XI, St. Padre Pio, St. Joseph Cupertino, St. John Bosco, St. Philip Neri, et al. all used tobacco. 
In Catholicism, the pint, the pipe and the Cross can all fit together -G.K. Chesterton