World Health Organization and "masks"
A couple days ago, a fellow Fisheater posted a screenshot of a blurb regarding the World Health Organization and vaccinations.

On December 1, 2020, The WHO issued a new document on its stance on "community masking." The document was titled [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75)]"Mask use in the context of COVID-19".[/color] Not surprisingly, the document contains several contradictions, is ambiguous and not particularly helpful.

One of my job functions is to write and review respiratory protection and contamination control programs for various organizations (including Health Care Facilities). 

I have briefly reviewed the WHO document and for those who may be curious, a link to the review can be found here: 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/who-thoug...-p-connell  

The review also contains links to the reviews of multiple other studies often cited in popular media as well as other COVID related discussions.  Importantly, to date, there is NO scientific support for community masking, and no medical justification.

I would be happy to engage questions and comments.
[-] The following 4 users Like CaoimhinPConnell's post:
  • CatholicMamato5, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael, Zedta
Excellent post.

As a retired Registered Respiratory Therapist (for one) of of over 40 years experience, I know a thing or two about masks. I have often said that wearing a mask to stop a virus (or even an aerosolized droplet), is like, proportionally, using a chain link fence to stop a fly or a gnat. Add to that, make the fence really flexible and with big gaps between you and the 'insects'. Ya, masks make a whole lot of sense if you want to make people grovel or see how far people will be fooled by their 'leaders' into doing the ridiculous. Those leaders only need look at all the sheeple driving around in their cars or walking out in the bright sunlight with wet, overused and utterly useless 'virtue signalling' diapers on their faces. Madness!!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 5 users Like Zedta's post:
  • CaoimhinPConnell, CatholicMamato5, ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, dahveed, J Michael
(03-29-2021, 06:51 PM)CaoimhinPConnell Wrote: A couple days ago, a fellow Fisheater posted a screenshot of a blurb regarding the World Health Organization and vaccinations.

On December 1, 2020, The WHO issued a new document on its stance on "community masking." The document was titled [color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75)]"Mask use in the context of COVID-19".[/color] Not surprisingly, the document contains several contradictions, is ambiguous and not particularly helpful.

One of my job functions is to write and review respiratory protection and contamination control programs for various organizations (including Health Care Facilities). 

I have briefly reviewed the WHO document and for those who may be curious, a link to the review can be found here: 

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/who-thoug...-p-connell  

The review also contains links to the reviews of multiple other studies often cited in popular media as well as other COVID related discussions.  Importantly, to date, there is NO scientific support for community masking, and no medical justification.

I would be happy to engage questions and comments.
Another great post and article, CP!!  Thanks yet again!
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan

The fact that I "like" a post is not necessarily an endorsement or approval of its content.
[-] The following 1 user Likes J Michael's post:
  • CaoimhinPConnell