Do You Work Out ?
I cancelled my health club membership at the beginning of lockdown last year because I can't workout with my nose and mouth covered. Nowdays I do various kinds of pushups, run up stairs and hills, run football drills (sprint, shuffle, backpeddle) and take long walks. Best secret of all that I learned in my second half century is, ALWAYS give your body a 48 hour rest afterwards, no matter how good you feel. It eliminates having to tell people stories like "I was feeling like I was 18 again there for awhile, but now my knee, elbow, shoulder is sore as hell".
I need to lose about 20 pounds (but I am currently 6 months pregnant so that will have to wait). Since I live in a cold climate where going outdoors to exercise is difficult and since I have a 10-month old to chase around all day, I don't work out nearly as much as I used to. However, I've found the lazy person's (like me) easy solution to weight loss; the carnivore diet. I eat meat, dairy, eggs, and water and I drop weight like crazy without affecting my muscle mass. I also feel and look my best; no bloating, no gas, no inflammation, and especially no more energy burnouts in the middle of the day. Carnivore is like the extreme version of keto. Sometimes keto doesn't work for some people because it still allows certain vegetables and even nuts that can cause inflammation and make it harder to eliminate insulin resistance. 

Carnivore is a difficult diet to stick to sometimes, because I was raised Italian and carbs are life. Especially around the holidays. However, after about 2 years of on-off carnivore I've come to the point where I don't want to eat carbs anymore because I know I will be sick for days afterwards. It's amazing the abuse our bodies can take, and how we can think that gas, bloating, and overall unwellness are normal. They are not. I don't know how I ever lived as a carb-addicted person. I was miserable all the time and yet I didn't even realize how bad I felt. 

This diet helps me manage my weight enough that I do not have to work out if I don't want to. Of course, you are more than welcome to work out on this diet, and with the increased protein intake, the results are amazing, especially for males. My husband doesn't work out outside of his landscaping job, and just from lifting rock and laying stone all day, his chest and arms have gotten seriously shredded. He is even stricter carnivore than I am.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • jack89
(03-31-2021, 11:08 AM)Eric F Wrote: I cancelled my health club membership at the beginning of lockdown last year because I can't workout with my nose and mouth covered. Nowdays I do various kinds of pushups, run up stairs and hills, run football drills (sprint, shuffle, backpeddle) and take long walks. Best secret of all that I learned in my second half century is, ALWAYS give your body a 48 hour rest afterwards, no matter how good you feel. It eliminates having to tell people stories like "I was feeling like I was 18 again there for awhile, but now my knee, elbow, shoulder is sore as hell".
I do - I just ignore the mask mandates.  However, working out is getting tougher by the year (especially running), and while only three years ago, I had an 8 minute mile, (reasonably good for a guy over 60), I had a couple injuries since which laid me up and I haven't been pushing myself as much since.  Over all the whole COVID thing hasn't really impacted me.
Big mistake I made, but math isn't my strong point. I don't rest 48 hrs after a hard workout, I rest more like 72 hrs. It's worked very well since last July when I ended up in emergency with fast spreading shoulder pain.
I was skiing when there was still snow and now I go out for mountainbining instead. I use kettlebells and do pushups and some simple pilates exercises when there is less time in my schedule. I usually work out 4-5 times per week, but I try not to do only one thing too much, which is a routine that works for me. I have been working out more or less all of my life, so I guess my body has gotten used to it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nisse's post:
  • jack89
I'm 56 years old and exercise regularly. The trick for me is to keep it simple so it's not too much of a chore to do my routine.

I walk 1.5 to 2 miles, 4 to 5 times a week. This is when I usually pray the rosary.

Bodyweight exercises on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. 3 sets of:
5 pullups
20 pushups
20 bodyweight squats
20 crunches

Easy-peasy.

I was in great shape in the Army, lifting free weights, bodyweight exercises, a lot of running, and some sports.
I've found that kettlebell routines mixed with bodyweight exercises are great for overall fitness. My favorite if I want to get uber fit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jack89's post:
  • Nisse
@SacraCor714. I like keto and carnivore diets as well. It's an on again, off again thing for me as well.

I've found that I have virtually no gas or heartburn while on these diets, and my gut feels great. Great for working out, but you need to make sure you get enough calories via fat if you work out hard.

Probably not very good (convenient) for extreme endurance sports, and in my case long distance hiking, but other than that I'm a fan.
No, but I probably should start. I gained some weight thanks to new meds a couple years back (went from 156lbs to 201lbs in 6 months), and then stopped gaining once I switched to another but haven't shed the weight yet.

[Image: f9kMTA4.gif]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4