Taking Holy Communion after Accidental Profanity
(03-31-2021, 02:03 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: If it was an accident, you obviously did not intend it so I would not worry about it.  I also suffer from scrupulosity, so I know how difficult it is when you get caught in a negative feedback loop. If you haven’t already, I would sit down with your confessor or an understanding priest and discuss any fears you might have about this. Swearing is indeed a difficult habit to get rid of; I suffer from it as well.

By the way, welcome to the forum. God bless you for being so conscientious about partaking in the Holy Eucharist. So many other Catholics receive communion heedlessly after committing egregious mortal sins, and don’t give a second thought to it.

Thank you for your kind words. I have to get over these things. I found a Catholic therapist to help me also.

As a 21-year lapsed Catholic, I'm practically a convert. And you know what they say; converts make the best Catholics! But seriously, I came back to the Catholic Church looking for spiritual guidance and structure in an ever more libertine world where there is little. This isn't a joke for me or a weekend activity. I am trying to change and become as holy as our Lord Jesus Christ will allow me to.
[-] The following 3 users Like virSapiens's post:
  • AnaCarolina1, Macksbeard, SacraCor714

Messages In This Thread
RE: Taking Holy Communion after Accidental Profanity - by virSapiens - 03-31-2021, 02:16 PM