For Orthodox: the Immaculate Conception in Apostolic and Patristic Tradition.
Stephen King wear the Miraculous Medal. Not Catholic but says there's power in the medal.
(04-01-2021, 05:25 PM)AlNg777 Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 03:06 AM)XavierSem Wrote: Catholic and Orthodox Christians are natural allies. We must be one,
This is a nice thought, but i don't see it happening any time soon. There are many problems today with the Church of Pope Francis so Orthodox may be reluctant to place themselves under his authority.

Under Leo XIII they woulda done it, but Francis? Fuggetaboutit!
"Especially will I do this if the Lord make known to me that you come together man by man in common through grace, individually, in one faith, and in Jesus Christ... so that you obey the bishop and the presbytery with an undivided mind, breaking one and the same bread, which is the medicine of immortality, and the antidote to prevent us from dying, but which causes that we should live for ever in Jesus Christ." St. Ignatius of Antioch

"But Polycarp... waving his hand towards them, while with groans he look up to heaven, said, 'Away with the Atheists.'" Martyrdom of Polycarp
(04-01-2021, 10:03 PM)StJosephPrayForUs Wrote: "God's One, Only, Holy, Roman, Catholic and Apostolic Church"

Absurd.  At no point in history was there ever a One Holy "Roman" Catholic and Apostolic Church.  Rome is just one part of the universal church.  The Roman Church is not above the Eastern Churches in any way, shape, or form.

Hi St. Joseph, Pray for us. May St. Joseph Pray for us indeed!

I have to disagree respectfully with your statement. The Council of Trent teaches us Catholics that the Roman Church is the Mother Church of all the Churches. This includes the Church of Constantinople, of which Pope St. Gregory the Great, venerated as Saint, Great and Pope in the East, said so long ago, "Who is there who does not know that the Church of Constantinople is subject to the Apostolic Throne of St. Peter" i.e. in Rome?

I understand you are going through a spiritual struggle. Please try not to be condemnatory of traditional Catholics who are trying to help you. We love our Eastern Christian separated brethren and long for them to come home and for there to be Peace and Unity in All Christendom. 

But Photius and Caerularius were both sinful men who disrupted the ancient love and harmony that existed in Universal Christendom before them. Photius usurped the See of Constantinople from its lawful occupant St. Ignatius recognized by Pope St. Nicholas the Great. 

Photius invented the problem with Filioque. Caerularius invented a host of false charges against the Latins including the absurd pretense of Azyme Bread which almost no one takes seriously anymore. St. Thomas Aquinas perfectly answers both errors.

All reason and justice is entirely on the side of Rome and not Constantinople here, both of Latins who remain in Her Communion, and of our beloved Eastern Catholic brethren who constitute One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church together with us, with Rome as the Visible Centre of Catholic Unity.

Constantinople has erred often before 1054. The Byzantine Emperors tried to pressure Rome to condemn holy icons. The Papacy courageously resisted, as did some Saintly Byzantine Monks, who were great Champions of Papal Primacy, and finally iconoclasm was condemned in several Councils.

St. Theodore was the Eastern Saint who rejected Iconoclasm, and you can see how devoted he was to the Papacy here: https://www.fisheaters.com/easternfathers.html

Just two excerpts: "Writing to Pope Leo III:

Since to great Peter Christ our Lord gave the office of Chief Shepherd after entrusting him with the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven, to Peter or his successor must of necessity every novelty in the Catholic Church be referred. [Therefore], save us, oh most divine Head of Heads, Chief Shepherd of the Church of Heaven. (Theodore, Bk. I. Ep. 23)

Writing to Emperor Michael:

Order that the declaration from old Rome be received, as was the custom by Tradition of our Fathers from of old and from the beginning. For this, O Emperor, is the highest of the Churches of God, in which first Peter held the Chair, to whom the Lord said: Thou art Peter ...and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Theodore, Bk. II. Ep. 86)

It is for the Greek Church, of Constantinople, to come back to this "Tradition of our Fathers from of old and from the beginning" of regarding the Great and Holy Apostolic Church of Rome as "the highest of the Churches of God, in which first St. Peter held the Chair", which Chair of Peter is the Rock on which the Church is built.

God Bless and Mary keep you, St. Joseph.
Rosary Crusade to end Abortion: https://rosarycrusadingarmytoendabortion.home.blog/

"My dear Jesus, before the Holy Trinity, Our Heavenly Mother, and the whole Heavenly Court, united with Your Most Precious Blood and Your Sacrifice on Calvary, I hereby offer my whole life to the Intention of Your Sacred Heart and to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Together with my life, I place at Your disposal all Holy Masses, all my Holy Communions, all my good deeds, all my sacrifices ... https://marianapostolate.com/life-offering/
[-] The following 2 users Like XavierSem's post:
  • HailGilbert, HedgeKnight
(04-01-2021, 11:05 PM)AlNg777 Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 10:30 PM)Augustinian Wrote: And the Catholic can see the contradiction of various "national" churches excommunicating each other as heretics with little to no doctrinal continuity with one another. You point at mere traditional orders and groups within the Church as if they were separate churches in and of themselves and then apply the same "Orthodox" fallacies to it.
I think that the split between Moscow and Constantinople was more of a political issue having to do more with the politics of Ukraine and not so much with "doctrinal continuity".

Schism over political issues is a far greater scandal than schism over doctrinal issues.  It just proves that the churches aren't really one, if they can be fully separated by feeble jurisdictional spats every few decades.

If the Episcopal Church and the ELCA, which have no political unity, can agree that they believe the same doctrine and be in sacramental communion, yet remain separate churches, then doctrinal unity of the Orthodox is in no way proof of their own ecclesial unity.
[-] The following 4 users Like Melkite's post:
  • Augustinian, HedgeKnight, Justin Tertius, XavierSem