New research on masks and social distancing...
(04-01-2021, 05:36 PM)AlNg777 Wrote:
(04-01-2021, 03:36 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Some fiction here. In the 1970s, I was trained in how to deal with patients in quarantine. Face mask, like the one I'm wearing now, and hand washing.

What spreads the virus? Last summer and last week, I saw license plates from California, Colorado, Texas, Florida, New York and others, in my state. The virus gets around by car.

The fiction of 'contact tracing.' A ridiculous idea that could never have been implemented. People will always get through. Infected people.

Otherwise, the above assumptions about how the virus spreads are not valid.

Last Thanksgiving, a million people got on planes. The same last Christmas. And guess what? The expected spikes in cases and deaths occurred. Now, over a million people have been flying - and the number increases every week - and another spike.
Cats, dogs and birds may carry the virus, No? Should pet owners mask their cats, dogs and canaries?
[Image: doctor-dog-costume.jpg]

[Image: dont-buy-these-amazon-dog-masks-unless-y...life-8.jpg]

[Image: low_Cat%20Wearing%20Mask_cover.jpg]

[Image: 00ffa8c78427aceed4f5e8f25c710a44--pet-bi...-masks.jpg]
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
[-] The following 3 users Like J Michael's post:
  • Anon777, CatholicMamato5, Zedta
Dear Caoimhin P Connell, 

Thank you for posting this article.

I almost posted it as well, but caught your post before I duplicated your great find. I have been spouting off about the uselessness and rather disastrous consequences of being tied to the mask hoax. It is just one more in a whole bunch of them, like 'social distancing' and scrupulous hand washing. Neither of these are helpful against airborne pathogens. In fact, the masks can cause what the ADA said has been on the rise; Mask Mouth. More dental diseases, including periodontal diseases and dental decay formations from wearing masks too long and uncleaned. Social distancing? You need a minimum of 30 feet of clearance between people , and conditions change that number. In a closed room, it is nearly impossible to distance enough.

What really irks me is the fluidity of the Herd Immunity thesis being adjusted and modified to where it is now all about vaccinations by shots. It never was about that when I studied Epidemiology. It was all about small amounts of pathogens, in less than communicable numbers scattered through a limited number of individuals (herd), which over time, stimulated immune responses in the herd, which gave immunity by inoculation of that pathogen, which resulted in herd immunity. When the herd shares sub-contagious levels of a 'germ', the herd's immune systems inoculate the herd. Vaccines are not involved and masks and distancing and shutting down places of cohabitation, shuts down this action and people's immune systems tend to go docile and essentially go to sleep, making everyone more susceptible to infections and lowering the level of exposure necessary to induce an infection.

But, I don't want to get on a rant...
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

I don't need a good memory, because I always tell the truth.
Jessie Ventura

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain

If history doesn't repeat itself, it sure does rhyme.
Mark Twain

You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.
C.S. Lewis

Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners.
George Carlin

“In a time of deceit…truth is a revolutionary act”
George Orwell
[-] The following 2 users Like Zedta's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, J Michael
(04-19-2021, 12:28 PM)Zedta Wrote: Dear Caoimhin P Connell, 

Thank you for posting this article.

I almost posted it as well, but caught your post before I duplicated your great find. I have been spouting off about the uselessness and rather disastrous consequences of being tied to the mask hoax. It is just one more in a whole bunch of them, like 'social distancing' and scrupulous hand washing. Neither of these are helpful against airborne pathogens. In fact, the masks can cause what the ADA said has been on the rise; Mask Mouth. More dental diseases, including periodontal diseases and dental decay formations from wearing masks too long and uncleaned. Social distancing? You need a minimum of 30 feet of clearance between people , and conditions change that number. In a closed room, it is nearly impossible to distance enough.

What really irks me is the fluidity of the Herd Immunity thesis being adjusted and modified to where it is now all about vaccinations by shots. It never was about that when I studied Epidemiology. It was all about small amounts of pathogens, in less than communicable numbers scattered through a limited number of individuals (herd), which over time, stimulated immune responses in the herd, which gave immunity by inoculation of that pathogen, which resulted in herd immunity. When the herd shares sub-contagious levels of a 'germ', the herd's immune systems inoculate the herd. Vaccines are not involved and masks and distancing and shutting down places of cohabitation, shuts down this action and people's immune systems tend to go docile and essentially go to sleep, making everyone more susceptible to infections and lowering the level of exposure necessary to induce an infection.

But, I don't want to get on a rant...

You can thank St. Fauci for the constant shifting, to the point of disappearance, of the goal posts in this "pandemic", though he's certainly not the only one.

Herd immunity, as you've described it and as I also learned it, well....it just doesn't make $$ for anyone.  Experimental pseudo-vaccines, on the other hand, do.  And tons of it!  Now that Pfizer, amongst others, is talking about the "need" for booster shots, the $$ will just keep on pouring in.  Then, after the 1st booster shot, I'll bet dollars to donuts that "we" are going to "need" at least annual "boosters", just like we "need" our annual flu jabs (not to mention the cocktail of jabs that all children now "need").  I've nothing against companies making a profit...that's part of why they're in business, but this kind of thing is obscene and sickens me.

There...that's my little rant for the morning :-) !
“But all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well.” ~Julian of Norwich

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug."~Mark Knopfler (?)

"No matter who you are somebody thinks you're a heretic. Wear it like a badge of honor........... :LOL:"~Silouan
[-] The following 2 users Like J Michael's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, Zedta
Ah, so the new flu shot every year has become invisible? We are told all viruses mutate so we need that new shot every year. Adding one more? Yes, that is because the "virus" mutated after a year like all other viruses... because that's what viruses do...

Money? Who is paying all of those scientists and researchers who actually make the vaccines? Nobody? Why are brand new pills so expensive? They have to be tested on people before they can sell them. Many fail during human trials.
(04-19-2021, 12:51 PM)AlanK82 Wrote: Ah, so the new flu shot every year has become invisible? We are told all viruses mutate so we need that new shot every year. Adding one more? Yes, that is because the "virus" mutated after a year like all other viruses... because that's what viruses do...

Money? Who is paying all of those scientists and researchers who actually make the vaccines? Nobody? Why are brand new pills so expensive? They have to be tested on people before they can sell them. Many fail during human trials.
You avoid the obvious for the sinister. Flu shots are basically a 'shot' in the dark because it takes over 8-12 months to develop and test and the strain of virus is an 'educated' guess as to which one will be the one that causes the next seasonal outbreak. That is why they often opt for two or three viruses and hope it applies. Sadly, their projections have been, more often than not, off point. That is why it is literally a crap shoot at taking a vaccine and it works.

This go round is not so different, save for now, they don't even know if it works or if it can kill you, so no crap shoot for me with those loaded dice!
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
This study is not without faults.

Our take —
In this study of 10 countries during the spring of 2020, the authors found no evidence that countries implementing “more restrictive” NPIs such as stay-at-home orders and business closures reduced their daily growth in new COVID-19 cases more than Sweden and South Korea, who were categorized as having “less restrictive” NPIs. However, the analysis suffers from several methodological problems that undermine confidence in the results, and should not be regarded as providing much evidence in support of the conclusion that lockdown was ineffective.

https://ncrc.jhsph.edu/research/assessin...-covid-19/
For those who believe, no explanation is needed. For those who do not, no explanation is sufficient.

Doubters are numerous and most stand on wet sand.
Art Bell

Jessie Ventura

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

C.S. Lewis

George Carlin

George Orwell
(04-19-2021, 09:15 PM)farronwolf Wrote: This study is not without faults. 

Our take —
In this study of 10 countries during the spring of 2020, the authors found no evidence that countries implementing “more restrictive” NPIs such as stay-at-home orders and business closures reduced their daily growth in new COVID-19 cases more than Sweden and South Korea, who were categorized as having “less restrictive” NPIs. However, the analysis suffers from several methodological problems that undermine confidence in the results, and should not be regarded as providing much evidence in support of the conclusion that lockdown was ineffective.

https://ncrc.jhsph.edu/research/assessin...-covid-19/
Except:

1) This is just one of many such studies.

2) Not a single valid study exists that demonstrates the effectiveness of specific NPIs.

3) No one has presented a scientifically valid explanation of how the majority of observed NPIs could work.
[-] The following 2 users Like CaoimhinPConnell's post: