How This Crisis Ends
(04-11-2021, 03:47 PM)Marmot Wrote: They are not "allowed today for flimsy reasons".
I don't believe you.
(04-12-2021, 01:11 PM)AlNg777 Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 03:30 PM)Paul Wrote: Annulments today are, or aren't allowed for the same reasons as before -
I don't believe that.

Why are they allowed now?
(04-11-2021, 03:47 PM)Marmot Wrote: Polygamy was allowed because of the express dispensation of God himself. We don't abstain from polygamy because the Church has determined that it is no longer expedient, but because God has said he doesn't allow it.
<>

Again not because of "conditions" but because of what God Himself has said.
So God changed His mind on polygamy and on divorce and remarriage? At one time He allowed it, but later He did not?
(04-12-2021, 02:48 PM)Paul Wrote: Why are they allowed now?
For many reasons, some of which are flimsy and would not stand in the past.
(04-13-2021, 02:21 PM)AlNg777 Wrote: So God changed His mind on polygamy and on divorce and remarriage? At one time He allowed it, but later He did not?
Of course he didn't change his mind. God cannot change his mind, but he can will that something changes.
When will the crisis of this thread end?
Dissolve frigus ligna super foco
large reponens atque benignius
     deprome quadrimum Sabina,
          O Thaliarche, merum diota.

Permitte divis cetera...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Filiolus's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident
(04-13-2021, 05:54 PM)Filiolus Wrote: When will the crisis of this thread end?

When the troll quits trolling?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
(04-13-2021, 05:58 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 05:54 PM)Filiolus Wrote: When will the crisis of this thread end?

When the troll quits trolling?

[Image: image-20161005-15882-13x0gd1.jpg?ixlib=r...0&fit=crop]
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident, jovan66102
(04-13-2021, 02:46 PM)Marmot Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 02:21 PM)AlNg777 Wrote: So God changed His mind on polygamy and on divorce and remarriage? At one time He allowed it, but later He did not?
Of course he didn't change his mind. God cannot change his mind, but he can will that something changes.
So then it is not against the law of non-contradiction to have something declared admissable at one point in time and not admissable at another point in time. For examples:
1. Polygamy
2. Divorce and remarriage.
3. Capital punishment.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChairmanJoeAintMyPresident's post:
  • Augustinian